Quick Question Thread

The Cheque Centre were doing about 1.135 this morning, they're usually amongst the better for foreign money. VT, the 1.18 rate you're quoting is probably the spot rate on the FX market and the tourist rate is always a few percent lower, if you can get 1.147 then that's quite a good rate.

Yeah I was referring to the market value. The Greenock branch though offered roughly 1.14 when the pound was at 1.16 last week, I wanted them to adjust upwards accordingly.

How good are Virgin Media's customer service to deal with? This is related to my post two pages back.

I found only one person to speak to that wasn't a complete and utter wankstain on the bedsheet of humanity when I dealt with them. I was on the phone to them every couple of days about bills that had gone missing and they were all cocks. One stroppy weegie bint sticks out in particular as being incredibly unhelpful and incredibly fucking stupid. However, if you're asking about getting something extra from them that they can charge you extra for, you will no doubt get your call answered immediately by someone who doesn't speak in a nasal whine and has at least an idea of what they're talking about, so you might be ok.

How good are Virgin Media's customer service to deal with? This is related to my post two pages back.

They're not bad. I have had one bad experience which was promptly sorted out, Dickson style, with an email to the CEO. I have his email address if you require it at a later date, just let me know.

I agree with this. I had to insure a car a couple of months ago for the first time in ten years as I'd opted out of the company car scheme for a cash allowance instead. Admiral came back consistently cheaper and adding my old boy as a named driver reduced it by a further £100.

just out of interest - are you much better off for opting out.I have a company car at the moment & wondered if it was worth the hassle of opting out?

just out of interest - are you much better off for opting out.I have a company car at the moment & wondered if it was worth the hassle of opting out?

I am purely because our car choice was very limited and I can now drive whatever I want. It depends on how much the cash allowance is obviously, but I saved a shitload on tax and the allowance more than covers the monthly payment ( I leased ) plus insurance and allows me to put a bit away each month for the deposit on the next one.

Depends on how many miles you do too if you're leasing. Well even if you aren't given the depreciation factor.

Put it this way, I could have had an Insignia, and I now drive a BMW convertible.

All you have to do is type Dundee into the Branch Locator on the right hand side of their homepage and it's the first result that pops up!

When I did that I only got the location, I have since realised that if you google Alliance and Leicester it tells you both the location and contact details of your local branch, in my case the Dundee one. As you've probably observed, I'm not very observant.

When I did that I only got the location, I have since realised that if you google Alliance and Leicester it tells you both the location and contact details of your local branch, in my case the Dundee one. As you've probably observed, I'm not very observant.

If you mean when it appears with the locator in the popup, you had to scroll down past the map.

Any tips for unblocking drains? I've tried the plunger and the corkscrew cable, but no joy.

If you find the blockage to be decaying badger, don't drop kick it, that's my only advice.....

Are there any websites that give you breaking news, just for Scotland?

If you have a Twitter account, follow BBCScotlandNews. Always seems to be pretty up-to-date.