Quick Question Thread

I've tried Soy, Almond and Coconut milk as substitutes for actual milk. Trying to change to a dairy free diet for a couple months. They're all making it exceptionally difficult though. 

Does anyone have any better recommendations?

Edited by Dele

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I've tried Soy, Almond and Coconut milk as substitutes for actual milk. Trying to change to a dairy free diet for a couple months. They're all making it exceptionally difficult though. 

Does anyone have any better recommendations?

Water.

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Get cereals to f**k and man up with your hot drinks.

3 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Seriously though @Dele, I've been off dairy for a fortnight, along with eating healthy and doing a little more exercise. Almost down 5kgs. Been using almond or coconut milk for the protein shakes.

I was going to write "Oh yummy, more water in my porridge" but i know folk don't us milk in porridge so needed effect. :lol: 

i only ever eat Cinnamon Grahamas when I need a sugar dunt tbf. Might have to just ditch traditional tea and go back to peppermint or green, I can handle those with no milk. Not looking forward to the first shake. Will give it a go though.

Edited by Dele

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:
Have I just clicked on Mumnet by mistake, again?

Yes it's much more manly to just drink cow's milk and continue with acid reflux and runny shite for the rest of your days

Slippery drinks dogs milk.

Shortly before throwing them into the nearest river.

29 minutes ago, Dele said:

I was going to write "Oh yummy, more water in my porridge" but i know folk don't us milk in porridge so needed effect. :lol: 

i only ever eat Cinnamon Grahamas when I need a sugar dunt tbf. Might have to just ditch traditional tea and go back to peppermint or green, I can handle those with no milk. Not looking forward to the first shake. Will give it a go though.

Black coffee and peppermint tea is my staple diet Dele and I'm the picture of health. 

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m having a night off it tonight, drank every day on my 2 weeks off there though.

I was the same this time last year. Did about 17 days straight of boozing and by the end of it my life was a bit of a mess. You're made of sterner stuff though and can clearly hold it together better! 

Where were you staying in North Berwick or was it just a day trip?