Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:
Self catering or no?

Na looking to be fed and watered. Had considered Crieff hydro but it's a bit close tbh. Fone for 1 night but not for 2 IMO

Crieff will be ful of COVID riddled weans. Defeats the purpose of a wean free trip  

Gleneagles or Fairmont St Andrews. Or if you can stomach giving da man your money, Turnberry has some great inresort cash back deals last time I looked. 

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If you had a couple of days sans-weans to go away somewhere in Scotland, where would you go, bearing in mind the current situation with covid? Dates will fall beyond current 16 day restrictions (if they are lifted) and you (me) want good grub freely available beer.

You (me) also enjoy going North, and West but are not really all that fussed.

We have our differences elsewhere but we can set that aside.

I'd go to Glasgow and book a hotel that was decent and cheap and spend your money on lunches and dinners out - I know you like good food.  The Weege has lots of good restaurants so, if you're there for 2 days, pick 4 places serving cuisine you'd not usually get at home and organise the rest of your break around it.

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If you had a couple of days sans-weans to go away somewhere in Scotland, where would you go, bearing in mind the current situation with covid? Dates will fall beyond current 16 day restrictions (if they are lifted) and you (me) want good grub freely available beer.

Get yourself into a cosy log cabin at Piperdam:

https://www.piperdam.com/

On 11/10/2020 at 19:52, tamthebam said:

What's the rig/crane offshore near Arbroath for? Are they building a windfarm at the mouth of the Tay?

Saipem 7000. Worlds third largest semi submersible crane/ pipe layer. Working on the NGG windfarm. A proper beast (not like Glitter).

https://www.saipem.com/en/identity-and-vision/assets/saipem-7000

You can see it from the law in Dundee, middle of the horizon.  Above the white tower block on the left. Here’s one from the other day.

1AF08EFC-F125-457E-8290-70282D04FC9C.jpeg

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

Inveraray - couple of decent pubs and the seafood restaurants are excellent (as shown below), or head further down to Portavadie.

IMG_2153.thumb.jpg.7d61ace990f523994aa7cc55fb9da051.jpg

26 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

strongly suggest you don't do this, Bairnardo. 

Seriously? I fucking love Piperdam. Having said that, the 3 times I've stayed there someone else has picked up the tab. 

What have you heard that I don't know?

Edited by Dee Man

Just now, Dee Man said:

Seriously? I fucking love Piperdam. Having said that, the 3 times I've stated there someone else has picked up the tab. 

What have you heard that I don't know?

People booking weddings and not being refunded. I even know of one couple who paid handsomely for a wedding, the resort lost power so no music, no hot food, no lights. (I wrote the story on here at the time). 

Yet, no refund. 

Shower of arseholes.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

People booking weddings and not being refunded. I even know of one couple who paid handsomely for a wedding, the resort lost power so no music, no hot food, no lights. (I wrote the story on here at the time). 

Yet, no refund. 

Shower of arseholes.

Oh f**k. 

Anytime I've been there it's been loads of family and we've had 3 or 4 lodges including the big fuckers. Got to love a log cabin in the woods with a hot tub on the balcony but like I said I had nothing to do with the payment side so can't comment on that. 

Bairnardo's minted anyway, he can afford to take the hit if it goes tits up.