Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

This has probably been asked before, but why are women so even more crabbit than normal first thing in the morning?

Your missus has probably had a conversation today about how you're being crabbit about her being crabbit, so she's leaving you be to complain to your fantasy football friends on the internet.

Does anyone remember an advert for kitkat that had a football manager trying to explain how he wants his team to play, but the team was full of non English speaking players, and the manager sat down to eat a kitkat with the legendary “have a break” slogan turned to a young lad after struggling to get his point across and said “it wasn’t like this in my day” and the young lad said “si senor”. 
I thought it was Terry Venables? 
I’ve looked on YouTube but can’t find it. Can anyone please help? 

17 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Does anyone remember an advert for kitkat that had a football manager trying to explain how he wants his team to play, but the team was full of non English speaking players, and the manager sat down to eat a kitkat with the legendary “have a break” slogan turned to a young lad after struggling to get his point across and said “it wasn’t like this in my day” and the young lad said “si senor”. 
I thought it was Terry Venables? 
I’ve looked on YouTube but can’t find it. Can anyone please help? 

Starts at 3:04 here mate 

Looks just to be an actor - a Scottish one - who I don’t recognize other than he looks a bit like Andy Gray (fitba, rather than City Lights) 

Needed a new mattress so decided to make the most of this ridiculous americanised pish that is black Friday.

Mrs Empty made a decision on the premium cooling Emma mattress, never had one of these hybrid mattress in a box things, anybody got any experience of them?

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Needed a new mattress so decided to make the most of this ridiculous americanised pish that is black Friday.

Mrs Empty made a decision on the premium cooling Emma mattress, never had one of these hybrid mattress in a box things, anybody got any experience of them?

We’ve had a Casper for a few years now.  I remember getting it up the stairs on my own was an utter b*****d as it weighed a ton.  Takes a while for the odour to disappear off them as well.

Apart from that it does what it says on the tin.

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

When a Guide Dog shites in the street who picks it up? 

This has been done to death on here - they’re trained to shite in the gutter. How they manage to time it between cars is a whole other issue that seemingly remains unresolved. 

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Any tips on somewhere to get some scran close to the SECC/Hydro on Friday evening?  Somewhere for a pint as well.

Nothing too fancy.  Pub grub would be ideal.  Italian is another favourite.

It's been a couple of years since I've been in, but The Strip Joint was decent for beers and food. 5 mins from SECC.

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Any tips on somewhere to get some scran close to the SECC/Hydro on Friday evening?  Somewhere for a pint as well.

Nothing too fancy.  Pub grub would be ideal.  Italian is another favourite.

We were at Pete Tong last week, most of the nearby hotels wouldn’t take walk-ins, only pre-bookings. Randomly we ended up in India Quay for a quite magnificent buffet upstairs. You can have as much (me) or as little as you needed (Mrs a-p mkII) and it did the job just fine. 

And once in, avoid the Hydro wine. It seems to have gained a near mythical status for a weird chemically induced drunkenness and hangovers. 

9 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

It's been a couple of years since I've been in, but The Strip Joint was decent for beers and food. 5 mins from SECC.

If I suggest taking Mrs B to somewhere called the strip joint I suspect a divorce could be on the cards.

ETA she’d already seen the strip joint and it was on her list.

9 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Lebowskis

Looked at that.  Seems a struggle to get a booking in the evening.

Edited by Left Back

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

We’ve had a Casper for a few years now.  I remember getting it up the stairs on my own was an utter b*****d as it weighed a ton.  Takes a while for the odour to disappear off them as well.

Should have bought a new one instead of lifting a pish-stained one from somebody's garden.

5 hours ago, alta-pete said:

This has been done to death on here - they’re trained to shite in the gutter. How they manage to time it between cars is a whole other issue that seemingly remains unresolved. 

Can you train other, pet, dugs to do this and why doesn't it happen?

Signed

Old Brown Shoe