Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

How do I go about defrosting an integrated freezer that I cant turn the power off to?

Will just leaving the door for an amount of time do it? 

Turn the dial down to zero?

Or for once the often trotted out retort to open the windows and bung the heating up.

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

How do I go about defrosting an integrated freezer that I cant turn the power off to?

Start a chip pan fire, and then move the chip pan into the freezer.

40 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

There's definitely not

And no dial either 

Take the kick board off, I’d imagine the socket should be under there if it’s not in any of the cupboards either side. Should really have a way to isolate it though

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Turn switch down to zero.

Remove food drawers and cover with towels.

Blast the ice-caked freezer elements with hair dryer (full power) until clean.

HTH.

16 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

HTH.

He said there's no dial.

Whole setup seems remarkably crap.

Thanks for the help, finally found the power outlet after removing the skirting board. 

God knows why the moron that designed the kitchen put it there, but this is the same moron who also decided to not put any drawers whatsoever in the kitchen, nor have a sink with a drying area next to it, so I guess it all makes sense in it's own perverse way. 

Edited by Jives Miguel

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

Thanks for the help, finally found the power outlet after removing the skirting board. 

God knows why the moron that designed the kitchen put it there, but this is the same moron who also decided to not put any drawers whatsoever in the kitchen, nor have a sink with a drying area next to it, so I guess it all makes sense in it's own perverse way. 

oh, the freezer's in your kitchen? And there was me thinking you were the worst morgue attendant ever

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

HTH.

Hair dryer is a no no for whatever reason but I've read it somewhere. 

This is probably only a question for people from Dundee. Looking at results on the Scottish Football Fixtures site I noticed this venue for yesterday’s Dundee West women. Downfield Pavilion / Charlotte Street Pitches,

Had a look at Google maps and is the pavilion part of what was the old Fairmuir Special School? Do the pitches extend onto what was the infectious diseases quarantine hospital (can’t remember it’s name) or was that a bit further up Macalpine Road almost opposite the crematorium?

5 minutes ago, Eednud said:

This is probably only a question for people from Dundee. Looking at results on the Scottish Football Fixtures site I noticed this venue for yesterday’s Dundee West women. Downfield Pavilion / Charlotte Street Pitches,

Had a look at Google maps and is the pavilion part of what was the old Fairmuir Special School? Do the pitches extend onto what was the infectious diseases quarantine hospital (can’t remember it’s name) or was that a bit further up Macalpine Road almost opposite the crematorium?

I played football for Downfield under 9s to 15s - we played at School Road next to the old NBR station.  Isn't that in the vicinity of where you're talking or are you much further into Downfield?

7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I played football for Downfield under 9s to 15s - we played at School Road next to the old NBR station.  Isn't that in the vicinity of where you're talking or are you much further into Downfield?

Yes. Looking at the map School Road is the north side of the pitches, Charlotte Street the east and Kingsway West to the south. 

Another question for Dundee locals. The wife and I are planning a weekend in London in February, and are looking at the various travel options. How long before a flight do you need to be at Dundee airport? She finishes work at 3, a 12 minute drive from the airport. The proposed flight is at 3:55, does that give us enough time, or is it too tight? I’ve never flown from Dundee, so I’ve no idea. 

16 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Another question for Dundee locals. The wife and I are planning a weekend in London in February, and are looking at the various travel options. How long before a flight do you need to be at Dundee airport? She finishes work at 3, a 12 minute drive from the airport. The proposed flight is at 3:55, does that give us enough time, or is it too tight? I’ve never flown from Dundee, so I’ve no idea. 

No idea but 12 minutes seems very specific - no chance it's 11 or 13?  

16 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

If youve checked in online etc it will be fine.  Security will take all of about 1 minute.  Ive been there 15 mins before take off and I wasnt the last through security etc.