Quick Question Thread

At the end of the show the credits Roman Numerals were XX, so I guess 2000.

XX would be 20 dry.gif

MM would be 2000 ;)

I'm looking to get a couple of vertical blinds for my house. I've priced them up based on my own rough measurements and reckon it shouldn't cost any more than £70. Do you think if I phone Shades or someone like that they will bother their arse coming out to properly measure them? I can't see how it would be worth their effort in all honesty given the estimated cost I got online. Normally I would give them a phone and ask, but obviously can't at this time of night.

Anyone got any ideas?

Aye. Buy fuckin curtains! Nah, seriously you've done the right thing. If you get someone like shades out, before you know it they'll be talking you into having them put them up for you. In other words, more money. If you'be got good DIY skills its not that hard a Job. You've done fine thus far with hanging doors and painting. Go forth young man!

I'm looking to get a couple of vertical blinds for my house. I've priced them up based on my own rough measurements and reckon it shouldn't cost any more than £70. Do you think if I phone Shades or someone like that they will bother their arse coming out to properly measure them? I can't see how it would be worth their effort in all honesty given the estimated cost I got online. Normally I would give them a phone and ask, but obviously can't at this time of night.

Anyone got any ideas?

We have used Shades twice for blinds and they are happy to come out and measure your windows and give you a price there and then,Decent prices depending on the quality of blinds you want.

Edited by keithgy

Aye. Buy fuckin curtains! Nah, seriously you've done the right thing. If you get someone like shades out, before you know it they'll be talking you into having them put them up for you. In other words, more money. If you'be got good DIY skills its not that hard a Job. You've done fine thus far with hanging doors and painting. Go forth young man!

Cheers Philpy. I'm not too fussed at getting them out to fit them, but I don't want them to want to sell me more than what I need. Just can't be arsed with the sales pitch and pressure they put you under to buy, especially as I am a total pushover and will end up spending far more than I actually need to.

EDIT: Nice one Keith, I'll give them a bell tomorrow.

Edited by Adam

Cheers Philpy. I'm not too fussed at getting them out to fit them, but I don't want them to want to sell me more than what I need. Just can't be arsed with the sales pitch and pressure they put you under to buy, especially as I am a total pushover and will end up spending far more than I actually need to.

EDIT: Nice one Keith, I'll give them a bell tomorrow.

They don't have a have a hard sales pitch Adam and that is what i like about them,They give you a few options quality wise and you can choose what suits your budget.