Quick Question Thread

The coup (pronounced cowp) - the local council recycling centre/dump. Don't you call it that in Brechin?

They will make you sort it with the other dead electrical equipment rather than throwing it in with the other general household waste, but you won't get a penny for it

I wasn't specifically looking for cash but I wouldn't like somebody to say "you could have got a tenner for that RAMsdens you know" the next day. Also, I've not lived in Angus since I was 4 so who knows?!

Cheers though.

Another question: Does anybody know of any reasonably priced flights to Kinshasa with reasonable rates for larger items of luggage?

Nah. I can only answer questions about recycling facilities in the Glebe Park area. Sorry.

However, I don't think its really necessary to fly your hard disk out of the country - surely the contents are not that extreme.............

Edited by lichtgilphead

Another question: Does anybody know of any reasonably priced flights to Kinshasa with reasonable rates for larger items of luggage?

Da f**k you want to go to that shitehole??

Anyway air france and ethiopian airlines probably you best shout,ethopian airlines are actually quite good

Is it fairly common for an employer to try and force you to book all your holidays for the forthcoming year all at once? Considering the short notice i'm given (sometimes less than an hour) when i'm needed to do extra shifts and that a lot of the people i work with are fairly young and can't exactly get all their pals to plan weekends away a year in advance, I think i'm going to contest this one.

The current guideline is that you put in your holidays at least a month before you plan to take them and as long as too many people haven't done the same then you'll get them. Due to his own incompetence, the current manager has failed to keep up with this and wants everyone's holidays in by the end of the month.

Is it fairly common for an employer to try and force you to book all your holidays for the forthcoming year all at once? Considering the short notice i'm given (sometimes less than an hour) when i'm needed to do extra shifts and that a lot of the people i work with are fairly young and can't exactly get all their pals to plan weekends away a year in advance, I think i'm going to contest this one.

The current guideline is that you put in your holidays at least a month before you plan to take them and as long as too many people haven't done the same then you'll get them. Due to his own incompetence, the current manager has failed to keep up with this and wants everyone's holidays in by the end of the month.

A few places I've worked have done this. I used to just ignore it and accept the fact that if I didn't get my whole annual leave quota for the year because of it then tough titties.

No such hassle now that I'm the one controlling who gets holidays when though, doubt I'll have much trouble getting the days I want :rolleyes:

I'm moving flat/house in a few weeks time but I've got an old PC sitting in my room which I i) don't use and ii) don't need anymore.

What's the best way of getting rid of it (so that any details that might still be hidden away on the hard drive or whatever don't fall into the wrong hands). As much as I'd like to chuck the thing in the skip, I'm thinking that's not particularly clever.

Low level format should do it. You need a utility disk from the hard disk manufacturer. Easily done. Or check this out.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/low-level-formatting.html

My work do this and it's a nightmare. Having to decide what weeks you might want off up until March 2014 in February 2013 is rubbish. There is a little bit of leeway if things come up but if no-one will swap with you tough.

Would it be possible to go to a midweek football match in Glasgow and also be able to catch an 11.00pm train at Buchanan Station? What would I be able to do about luggage?

Queen Street Station or Buchanan Subway Station?

The answer would be dependent on where your going for Queen Street, but i'd imagine so with it being the last services.

The bus station has lockers from what's been mentioned on here previously

Edited by gc_smfc

Why are co-commentators such complete and utter fucking testicle pouches?

Jim Fucking Beglin, Mark Fucking Lawrenson, Craig Fucking Burley, Davie Fucking Provan etc etc.

All fucking b*****ding c***s.