Quick Question Thread

Is a MacBook worth it?

No.

You can buy a decent laptop for one third of what Apple charge. Although their build quality is pretty good, so are most laptops that cost £900+.

Unless you absolutely have to have Mac OS. Even then, I prefer Windows.

No.

You can buy a decent laptop for one third of what Apple charge. Although their build quality is pretty good, so are most laptops that cost £900+.

Unless you absolutely have to have Mac OS. Even then, I prefer Windows.

This is my thinking. I'm absolutely torn. I've been with Windows all my life and I know how to use it no problems at all. My laptop I currently have has lasted me more than three years (approaching four I think), and the only reason I need to get a new one is that I can't take it anywhere because the battery runs flat in seconds and I can't use any other video package other than Windows Movie Maker.

I know that I could spend £900 on a great Windows laptop and that's cool, but I dunno. MacBooks just look so beautiful. I played on one the other day and they're just so sleek and fancy and just do really cool things. Things I don't necessarily need, but it's just cool as f**k. I dunno. I'm going to go to the white and shiny Apple store and have a play and be strangely aroused by all the fancy things it does, and then go into a bland, black-carpet place like PC World and have a look at their black and bland laptops and see how I feel.

It's the romance of the cup. Toying with the idea of going to Barnet or Harrow for the replays tomorrow night. I might just get Blitzed instead though.

It's Oldham v's Leyton Orient for me, who could resist the tourist attractions.

post-6784-128310852701_thumb.jpg

This is my thinking. I'm absolutely torn. I've been with Windows all my life and I know how to use it no problems at all. My laptop I currently have has lasted me more than three years (approaching four I think), and the only reason I need to get a new one is that I can't take it anywhere because the battery runs flat in seconds and I can't use any other video package other than Windows Movie Maker.

I know that I could spend £900 on a great Windows laptop and that's cool, but I dunno. MacBooks just look so beautiful. I played on one the other day and they're just so sleek and fancy and just do really cool things. Things I don't necessarily need, but it's just cool as f**k. I dunno. I'm going to go to the white and shiny Apple store and have a play and be strangely aroused by all the fancy things it does, and then go into a bland, black-carpet place like PC World and have a look at their black and bland laptops and see how I feel.

I actually have a Macbook as well as a Windows laptop and it's alright. It's probably slightly prettier but I also find it to be a lot less functional, but that depends on what you use it for.

If I had that kind of money to spend on a laptop I'd probably buy an Alienware. They're overpriced as well but they look cool as f**k.

What for?

Good question.

I study media, and I'd like to be able to edit videos, photos and music and carry it about to write things on. That's the main priority. Battery life would be good also. I'd also like it to have decent storage as I have a lot of music, but I do have a 1TB external hard-drive I need to get fixed.

Anyone here have any old Falkirk/stenny/shire tops sized XL they don't want or would like a little cash for.

Wanting to send them to a mate who's recently moved away and couldn't find any up top today.

Cheers

Edited by gav-ffc

I've got some.

Does anyone know of companies looking for a draughtsman or entry level engineer? Got paid off today and really in need of a new job.

I worked for 4 months without a contract or written particulars. I did get an offer of employment (which was never signed), on this offer I was entitled to a months notice but I'm only being given 1 weeks pay in lieu of notice. Can I get a months pay or take any of this further considering I never received the things I should have despite asking for them? Bear in mind this was a trainee role and I've never actually signed the offer. I know fuckall about employment law and was just going to go and not look back but my girfriend pointed out they've treated us all badly and I might be entitled to something.

Do I have to wait until my notice period is over before signing on? Desperate to avoid it coming to this but it's unlikely I'll get anything in the next week and I have bills to pay.

I didn't see any other related threads so I thought I'd come here. Before anyone says anything I am going to get in touch with the citizens advice bureau so I'm not just relying on posters on a football forum for advice :lol:

Is she a large lady?

Nope, but the hilarious woman is out at work and has obviously decided that I'm not allowed to play on it this evening. I'm fairly sure iv checked the whole house, I'm beginning to think she has them in the car with her :(