Quick Question Thread

Is it possible to climb Ben Nevis in December/January or does the lack of light make it difficult?

http://backcountrytranquility.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/daring-winter-ascent-of-ben-nevis-via-the-carn-mor-dearg-arete/

Deffo the best way to ascend Nevis. Come down via the 'tourist path' (misnomer ahoy !). Take 2 cars and leave one at the Youth Hostel for your finish.

This is probably best in e-chat, but I think it will get a bit more exposure here. My boy wants a WiiU for Christmas, and there's a fairly good chance my younger lad will want a shot of it also. My question is, to get the controller with the screen thing, do we need to buy two WiiU consoles?

Apologies if this isn't very clear, I've absolutely no idea how this works.

only one wiiu screen handset per machine, other players just use wiimote from the original wii or the 'classic' controller.

Need a new tv as the old one we've got is on its way out, was thinking of spending 700 odd quid on a fancy one like one of the ones i saw in John Lewis but saw this one on currys

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/lg-42lb550v-42-led-tv-10010687-pdt.html#cat-0

Almost seems too good to be true at that price, i only watch sky tv so doubt i would benefit at all from a smart TV so would this be a decent buy or is it a cursed tv?

Need a new tv as the old one we've got is on its way out, was thinking of spending 700 odd quid on a fancy one like one of the ones i saw in John Lewis but saw this one on currys

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/lg-42lb550v-42-led-tv-10010687-pdt.html#cat-0

Almost seems too good to be true at that price, i only watch sky tv so doubt i would benefit at all from a smart TV so would this be a decent buy or is it a cursed tv?

I've got an LG telly and it works fine. There are loads of cheap ways to make your telly smart if you change your mind later, so I'd go for it, looks like a very good deal.

I've got an LG telly and it works fine. There are loads of cheap ways to make your telly smart if you change your mind later, so I'd go for it, looks like a very good deal.

I create Cinemascope by dragging the telly in to the hall and watching it through the letterbox.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Thanks, i don't see how i can justify spending 700-900 on a tv but the ones in John lewis look so dam good!

I create Cinemascope by dragging the telly in to the hall and watching it through the letterbox.

I pretend that I've got Netflix by having a flick through the second-hand DVDs in my local charity shop, before leaving empty-handed after deciding there's nothing I want to watch.

Has anyone taken up climbing as an adult? I'm looking for some sort of activity to stop me spending all day eating chips and frantically masterbating and I did a wee bit of climbing when I was in school, climbing walls, stuff like that.

Anyone done any courses or anything like that? Should I just launch myself at the nearest cliff or is it best to take a more gradual approach?

Is it possible to climb Ben Nevis in December/January or does the lack of light make it difficult?

It is possible but you are likely to be starting and finishing in the dark so you might want to take a head torch. You also need to take into consideration that there will be snow and ice that will impede your progress, Also if there is fresh snowfall on the top do you have the navigation skills to get to the top in low visibility? You wouldnt be the first person to walk into five finger gully. You might also find conditions that require crampons.

By all means give it a go but just be prepared to turn around if conditions get too difficult or you find yourself running out of time.

Has anyone taken up climbing as an adult? I'm looking for some sort of activity to stop me spending all day eating chips and frantically masterbating and I did a wee bit of climbing when I was in school, climbing walls, stuff like that.

Anyone done any courses or anything like that? Should I just launch myself at the nearest cliff or is it best to take a more gradual approach?

I climb but then I also eat chips and masturbate so I dont know if that will stop you.

http://www.eica-ratho.co.uk/courses/adult-courses-and-coaching/indoor-climbing-courses

The indoor climbing wall at Ratho is a world class facility. book yourself on a course there, they will have beginners courses running all the time.

you will be pissing on this guy in no time

I climb but then I also eat chips and masturbate so I dont know if that will stop you.

Do you ever climb up a huge cliff face while eating a bag of chips and then masterbate in celebration when you reach the top?

What are the 'rules' regarding an assist in football? Stephen Nzonzi got credited with an assist today for Bojan's goal. Bojan took possession of the ball in his own half, had 6 touches then took the shot. Surely giving an assist is a pisstake?!

An assist for me would be setting someone up and them taking a touch and scoreing. F**king mental some of the so called assist giving.

Official (a cany sleep btw)

In association football, an assist is a contribution by a player which helps to score a goal. Statistics for assists made by players may be kept officially by the organisers of a competition, or unofficially by, for example, journalists or organisers of fantasy football competitions. Recording assists is not part of the official Laws of the Game and the criteria for an assist to be awarded may vary. Record of assists was virtually not kept at all until the end of the 20th century, although reports of matches commonly described a player as having "made" one or more goals. Since the 1990s, some leagues have kept official record of assists and based awards on them.

What are the 'rules' regarding an assist in football? Stephen Nzonzi got credited with an assist today for Bojan's goal. Bojan took possession of the ball in his own half, had 6 touches then took the shot. Surely giving an assist is a pisstake?!

It's a made up term to amuse commentators, pundits and statisticians.