Quick Question Thread

Anyone long stayed in a hostel and if so, any info on the going month rate for a single room (especially in Edinburgh)? Looking around at various hostel sites and they mostly instruct to call for long stay info - would be good to be armed with some info going into those calls. Moved in with a mate recently but he's doing my head in. I didn't give him a deposit for his room and am down to part-time hours until Feb so don't really have 2 months rent spare up front to take on another place properly - need a cheap as possible stopgap for a month or two so I don't end up belting him one.

To give a sense of how urgently unbearable the situation is, he watches That 70s Show about 8 times a day - loud as f**k, at times varying from 8am to 2am - and shouts HELLO WISCONSIN Every. Single. Time.

When dem chords kick in Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif

Aye that's a good point, doesn't have to be a hostel - any info on where I can find a flat / garage / disused factory / condemned mine for no more than £300 a month and I'm all ears. As long as it can fit a bed and isn't either my maw's or a 24 hour That 70s Show cinema and I'm interested.

Edit: The 'good point' was a post from Welshbairn that's disappeared. Important for any potential landlords to know that I don't generally talk to myself.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Anyone long stayed in a hostel and if so, any info on the going month rate for a single room (especially in Edinburgh)? Looking around at various hostel sites and they mostly instruct to call for long stay info - would be good to be armed with some info going into those calls. Moved in with a mate recently but he's doing my head in. I didn't give him a deposit for his room and am down to part-time hours until Feb so don't really have 2 months rent spare up front to take on another place properly - need a cheap as possible stopgap for a month or two so I don't end up belting him one.

To give a sense of how urgently unbearable the situation is, he watches That 70s Show about 8 times a day - loud as f**k, at times varying from 8am to 2am - and shouts HELLO WISCONSIN Every. Single. Time.

When dem chords kick in Louis-CK-Scratches-His-Head.gif

Sounds like you should be asking how to dispose of a body tbh.

How long will a fixed penalty for breach of the peace stay on a person's record for? I read that it'll be kept on a police record for two years then it'll be deleted, but would it still show on an enhanced disclosure after 2 years? Asking for a mate :ph34r::whistle

I'd like to know what the script is here as well. I've just had my disclosure in to send onto the Australian authorities as part of the emigration process and it doesn't make for pretty reading. It lists everything including driving offences since I was 18. The Australian authorities say they are not interested in anything over 10 years old which is just as well as my last offence was 13 years ago, but they still request your full life disclosure. I know they are all spent as I've just passed a CRB check for an employer but I would like all the stupid shit I did as a daft boy to gtf please.

What should I do Deirdre?

Is Meghan Trainor ridiculously attractive or a bit funny looking? I can't decide.

Paloma Faith falls exactly into this category for me. Half the time I think she's pretty rough looking and the rest of the time I find her insanely attractive in a weird way. She's pretty irritating as well, sometimes an appealing personality can swing these things and it's not that. She's right up my street in the video for that Sigma tune e.g.

RE big Meghan, aye wid.

How long will a fixed penalty for breach of the peace stay on a person's record for? I read that it'll be kept on a police record for two years then it'll be deleted, but would it still show on an enhanced disclosure after 2 years? Asking for a mate :ph34r::whistle

It'll show up, it is whether the prospective employer or whatever, will view it as serious enough to exclude you. Your mate.