Quick Question Thread

Please settle an argument.

A friend of mine (who lives in Edinburgh and doesn't drive) is adamant that there are no traffic wardens in Edinburgh on a Sunday, whereas I say that's bollocks.

Can anyone confirm I'm right? (a picture of a traffic warden holding today's paper would be a bonus).

They don't cover quite as much of the city on Sunday's which is probably where she got the idea.

You can park on my street if you want

Just cleaned the gas hob (I know, first mistake), and now the ignition spark is firing every 10s or so.

I've cleaned out the control knobs (knobs, lol) in case one of them was sticking, but it's still going - anyone got any other advice? Relating to this issue, obviously.

FWIW I have also put the heating on and opened the windows, and the volume on my telly is fine. And hopefully I have pre-empted most of the usual responses!

Just cleaned the gas hob (I know, first mistake), and now the ignition spark is firing every 10s or so.

I've cleaned out the control knobs (knobs, lol) in case one of them was sticking, but it's still going - anyone got any other advice? Relating to this issue, obviously.

FWIW I have also put the heating on and opened the windows, and the volume on my telly is fine. And hopefully I have pre-empted most of the usual responses!

I've had this before when there's still some moisture on one of the rings (matron). Give them all a wipe and make sure they're all dry.

Edit: when there's no power going to them, obviously. Make sure it's not still plugged into the mains.

Edited by Mrs M

I've had this before when there's still some moisture on one of the rings (matron). Give them all a wipe and make sure they're all dry.

Cheers, I've tried that, and it's slowed a bit.

Google says the same issue, and suggests a hair dryer. Being a baldy man who lives on his own, I don't possess such a device, and I ain't going out in the snow!

How many magazines does everyone think you'd have to buy before you own a 3D printer?

Depends how many parts they can salvage from unsold millenium falcons

Although, if you build the 3d printer, you should print the millenium falcon parts and sell at half price...

There's ano advert for the 'year of house' cd with a song at the very end that me and my flatmate are fairly desperate to know the name of if anyone can help

Did you ever find out the name of that tune? It's been bugging me for some weird reason despite never seeing the advert.

Depends on the jurisdiction and the circumstances.

For instance in Saudi Arabia if you're wife commits adultery she liable to get stoned.

In this country it's more likely to be the other way round.

In South Africa, it's fine as long as she's taking a sh*t at the time.