Quick Question Thread

My godson in Australia is currently in the middle of every 3 year old boy's "car daft" stage. I wanted to get him some nice model cars for his bedroom. You used to have places here like Beatties that did all these kind of 1/24 - 1/12 models, but those places are all gone.

Is anyone aware of anywhere that still does stuff like that? I've looked online but nowhere has that big a selection or they're fucking extortionate.

If you dare to venture to a civilised part of scotland, try this shop on lothian road. You might never leave it!

https://www.wonderlandmodels.com

Our wee car is going to need about at least £700-£800's work to pass its MOT, probably nearer £1,000-£1,200. Because of this we aren't putting it through.

I've decided that I'm going to try to get a Peugeot 306 as I always liked them back in the day. Looking for the Meridian version and a diesel with about 80,000 - 100,000 miles on. Must have an MOT, for at least six months.

There are a few on Auto Trader for my budget, about £500-£600, but there are none near me.

Anyone know anyone selling one?

Our wee car is going to need about at least £700-£800's work to pass its MOT, probably nearer £1,000-£1,200. Because of this we aren't putting it through.

I've decided that I'm going to try to get a Peugeot 306 as I always liked them back in the day. Looking for the Meridian version and a diesel with about 80,000 - 100,000 miles on. Must have an MOT, for at least six months.

There are a few on Auto Trader for my budget, about £500-£600, but there are none near me.

Anyone know anyone selling one?

Yes.

When did Brentford and Bournemouth get decent? Gradual or short term Sugar Daddy?

Not being as clued up on the Football League as I should, I wondered the same. Would be tremendous to see Bournemouth in the EPL!

When did Brentford and Bournemouth get decent? Gradual or short term Sugar Daddy?

May as well add the most racist / scumbag group of fans that I've ever shared a stand with were Bournemouth fans.

Bournemouth are owned by a Russian guy so have plenty of money behind them. Would be great to see them promoted, though, just to see something different in the top flight.

Due to aforementioned car problems I was moving my car stereo from one car into another.

All connected fine, and I was getting the radio, but as soon as I went to push it into the car (and it made contact with the cage) all sound conked out.

Now I'm getting virtually nothing from it at all - no radio, no display etc. - but curiously when I press the eject button for the CD it still whirrs, so it's clearly getting power somehow.

Any thoughts?

Due to aforementioned car problems I was moving my car stereo from one car into another.

All connected fine, and I was getting the radio, but as soon as I went to push it into the car (and it made contact with the cage) all sound conked out.

Now I'm getting virtually nothing from it at all - no radio, no display etc. - but curiously when I press the eject button for the CD it still whirrs, so it's clearly getting power somehow.

Any thoughts?

You sometimes get a fuse or two on the back of the set, double check thats not blown.

Surely if a fuse was blown, there wouldn't be any power getting to it?

I'm not very good with electricity :(

Bleh. Sometimes you get a power fuse and a display fuse.

Defintely sounds like something earthed and blew though, either that or a wire dislodged itself when you forced it in the hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant be long, though?

I came into the living room yesterday to find my (4 year old) daughter standing at the window shouting "Pest off cat, get out of our garden".

He's a big fan of the Super Mario games on the Wii U and like to look up videos on YouTube of how to find the stars/star coins that he can't find. We've found a few channels that are perfectly safe for children but now and again one slips through the net. As a result, he's been known to call his dad "You f**k!" once or twice.

Proud moment for me. I only think it or mutter it under my breath. What a boy.

Edited by Mrs M