Quick Question Thread

The tap in my kitchen is leaking slightly from the neck. I'm no expert on plumbing, but is it likely that it requires the washer being changed over? or can it be something more comlex?

Almost certainly the washer. Make sure you turn off the water supply before taking it apart.

My godson in Australia is currently in the middle of every 3 year old boy's "car daft" stage. I wanted to get him some nice model cars for his bedroom. You used to have places here like Beatties that did all these kind of 1/24 - 1/12 models, but those places are all gone.

Is anyone aware of anywhere that still does stuff like that? I've looked online but nowhere has that big a selection or they're fucking extortionate.

My godson in Australia is currently in the middle of every 3 year old boy's "car daft" stage. I wanted to get him some nice model cars for his bedroom. You used to have places here like Beatties that did all these kind of 1/24 - 1/12 models, but those places are all gone.

Is anyone aware of anywhere that still does stuff like that? I've looked online but nowhere has that big a selection or they're fucking extortionate.

Unfortunately, decent model (as opposed to toy) cars are not cheap.

If he's not one of those wee destructabots that kids can be, why not build him a few kits? As he gets older he might get the bug and develop a rewarding hobby from it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, there's a 1/32 scale Beaufighter needs some detailing done.....

Beatties was awesome. Some of the petrol powered RC cars they had were mind blowing to the young Sweet Pete. I seem to remember my maw always telling me it was a pricey place mind. They had loads of Airfix kits etc as well. Used to love browing in there and then nipping next door to Colpi's for ice cream or soor plooms.

Beatties was awesome. Some of the petrol powered RC cars they had were mind blowing to the young Sweet Pete. I seem to remember my maw always telling me it was a pricey place mind. They had loads of Airfix kits etc as well. Used to love browing in there and then nipping next door to Colpi's for ice cream or soor plooms.

I always mind lusting after some of the RC cars they had up the back. Great shop. Made Clydebank Shopping Centre bearable.