Quick Question Thread

You don't need the battery if it's plugged into the mains all the time. Even if you remove it, it should still work. I bought a battery for my Dell on eBay when mine did it the first time but it was shite and drained unbelievably quickly, so I don't even recommend replacing it.

Anyone know if McPhabbs on Sauchiehall Street shows Soccer Saturday as a rule?

I was in a while ago and it was a random 3pm kick-off on a foreign channel.

I can't remember if soccer Saturday was on a different tv.

It was September or thereabouts, the game Rooney was sent off for booting a West Ham?? player.

I'm looking to get myself a different motor. I'm currently driving a 54 plate 1.8 Astra and I need something cheaper to run. Ideally I'd get some cash back along with my car - I don't mind having to drive a bit of a shitter for a while - but if I'll get better value for a straight swap, I'm happy to go with that. Similarly, if putting a wee dod of cash from my end into the deal will make a significant difference, I'm open to that too.

What's my best option? Will I get a decent deal on a trade in at a used car dealer?

I'm looking to get myself a different motor. I'm currently driving a 54 plate 1.8 Astra and I need something cheaper to run. Ideally I'd get some cash back along with my car - I don't mind having to drive a bit of a shitter for a while - but if I'll get better value for a straight swap, I'm happy to go with that. Similarly, if putting a wee dod of cash from my end into the deal will make a significant difference, I'm open to that too.

What's my best option? Will I get a decent deal on a trade in at a used car dealer?

Will you f**k.

The best way to do it is to sell it privately with 'no offers' on your ad or if you get a swap that you're happy with.

Willing to give anything a go at this point, Rico. Mularam, Sudaram!

See your doctor if it's a regular thing. Thirty years after a perforated ulcer nearly punched my clock, I started having similar pains and heartburn a couple of years ago. Gaviscon and ranatidine (Zantac) gave temporary relief, but didn't get rid of the discomfort totally.

Turns out that the old villains of spicy food, alcohol and smoking don't have a lot to do with it, rather it's a wee bacterium that most of us have, called helicobacter. Some of us (including YT, obviously!) Suffer from the little buggers more than others. Doctor prescribed me Omeprazole, and I've had no trouble since.