Quick Question Thread

Anyone have any good experience and advice about job agencies in Edinburgh? Are any of them not total clown car operations? Need a bit of extra part-time work, over the next few months.

Tried going through a few of them a while back and it was a monumental pain in the arse.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Anyone have any good experience and advice about job agencies in Edinburgh? Are any of them not total clown car operations? Need a bit of extra part-time work, over the next few months.

Tried going through a few of them a while back and it was a monumental pain in the arse.

Recruitment agents are, without exception, ocean going c***s.

If you're looking for more work, you should apply for hotel work. We're always needing staff for functions (obviously of no help to you, but I can imagine a lot are) and regularly have to employ agency workers to fill in the spaces. You'd probably be able to get a shift or two a week from them if it's a busy hotel.

Has anyone been to Fonab Castle in Pitlochry? The missus and I are away there for the weekend as a Christmas gift from her parents.

I have. It's ludicrously expensive for what you've get. I've stayed in far better hotels for half the price

Christmas ruined

They used to be ok, used them a lot in London and Amsterdam, and a bit in Aberdeen. Your pay was comparable with the full timers, and sometimes better. To get a job I'd hand over my CV and sit chatting with the girls for a while drinking free coffee, biscuits and in Amsterdam a big jar of free rolling tobacco. It would've been rude not to have given me the job when an appropriate job came in. Never took more than a day or so touring round the agencies. Seems to be all online now so it's probably a cv lottery on who gets work.

Anyone had any experience of smoking salvia?

Tried it loads of times when I was a pup. For best results smoke it through a water pipe or bong. A bit of a mix of being stoned and tripping, but can be quite mild as strength varies wildly and tends to wear off fast.

Tried it loads of times when I was a pup. For best results smoke it through a water pipe or bong. A bit of a mix of being stoned and tripping, but can be quite mild as strength varies wildly and tends to wear off fast.

Yeah man, I've heard it's quite a quick thing. Thing about when you go to buy it is there is a lot of different strengths.

Sounds quite similar to eating weed but folk have said if you do it under the right circumstances it can be more of a psychedelic experience.

Yeah man, I've heard it's quite a quick thing. Thing about when you go to buy it is there is a lot of different strengths.

Sounds quite similar to eating weed but folk have said if you do it under the right circumstances it can be more of a psychedelic experience.

If anyone told you that anything was a "psychedelic experience" then that person should be given a prompt slap and told to stop talking like a c**t.