Quick Question Thread

Confi was banned at his own request.

That sounds like asking someone to hide your fags so you're not tempted!!

I never knew the lad's problem was that serious...

ETA: Nah, actually, I probably did.

Edited by MangoBroccoli

Would I be able to book a holiday without having a passport at the time of booking?

Aye of course you can. Indeed one of P&B's most delightful threads was about a bloke who had a holiday in Strathclyde Park. Write it up on TripAdvisor and have a good time.

Edited by The_Kincardine

That sounds like asking someone to hide your fags so you're not tempted!!

I never knew the lad's problem was that serious...

ETA: Nah, actually, I probably did.

I don't see the point in asking to be banned. Surely if you are that much of an addict you'd just create an alias?

Can someone help me please I'm trying to download the new adobe and when i go to the installation it says it can't be completed because it needs me to shut safari down but i close all the internet pages and it still says i need to close it down for it to work! Im not sure what i can do as i close safari down and it keeps saying i haven't. Im on a macbook

People who have frequented Dumfries: The rather big brick building beside the main road around Locharbriggs currently used by Interflour - which company did it used to be home to?

Did you mean Interfloor? If so, I think this is what you want. Used to be the Arrol-Johnston car factory, amongst other things, if I'm right.

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/85560/details/dumfries+heathhall+edinburgh+road+car+factory/

P.S.

Arrol-Johnston ran a works football team. In 1919 the football club was one of three clubs in Dumfries that merged to form Queen of the South F.C. The most notable players at Arrol-Johnston were Dave Halliday and Ian Dickson. Both then played for Queen of the South before going on to top score for their respective clubs in the top division in England. Halliday in particular had a highly successful goal-scoring career becoming one of the most prolific scorers in both UK and world football history. He then became a trophy-winning manager.

Edited by welshbairn

Did you mean Interfloor? If so, I think this is what you want. Used to be the Arrol-Johnston car factory, amongst other things, if I'm right.

Correcto! Gates rubber plant is what I was after. Also meant Interfloor, just predictive text at it's best.

Many thanks. ;)