Quick Question Thread

My pal has just text there to say she has made an appointment for a reading with a psychic next week. Not something I would be into tbh, I am probably a bit sceptical about it. What do other folk think? Has anyone had any good/bad experiences?

my sister just had a reading and the woman went on about a young alexander in the family who was gifted and can see spirits and went on about who visited him.. named aunts and grans by first name.

also mentioned that they had to say hi to the younger sister or she wouldn't be happy as they weren't there for her reading.

my little sister never told us she had a reading with a different lady.

my son is alexander and stares at corners and giggles at times.

eep

my sister just had a reading and the woman went on about a young alexander in the family who was gifted and can see spirits and went on about who visited him.. named aunts and grans by first name.

also mentioned that they had to say hi to the younger sister or she wouldn't be happy as they weren't there for her reading.

eep

Smart Alex.

Women love all of that psychic nonsense, the mrs has been to the same one a couple of times, she gets a tape recording of it, most of it is really accurate, names etc. They are either A. Pretty good con merchants. or

B. The spirits are walking amongst us.

It's horseshit! All of it.

I'm presuming that when you make an appointment you hand over a name and a phone number? All anyone will ever need to find your social media accounts online.

Very skeptical tonight, Mrs M.

She is right though, nothing I hate worse than psychic. Except maybe those ones who reckon they can talk the dead.

It's horseshit! All of it.

I'm presuming that when you make an appointment you hand over a name and a phone number? All anyone will ever need to find your social media accounts online.

I suspect you are right there re appointment making :( I text her back trying to put her off but she is determined to do it. I didn't want to mention the fact she still owes me £20 but is forking out £35 for this. Maybe the psychic will remind her!

I suspect you are right there re appointment making :( I text her back trying to put her off but she is determined to do it. I didn't want to mention the fact she still owes me £20 but is forking out £35 for this. Maybe the psychic will remind her!

:lol: She might if you post it on her Facebook page!

Seriously, that Chris Brookmyre book I mentioned, anyone who believes in psychics should give it a read or have a look to see what Derren Brown says on the subject. They're all conning b*****ds.

Was just about to mention Derren Brown. He did a great piece during one of his shows where he disproved psychics by performing 'a psychic reading' to a group of folk on stage. He asked for about 20 volunteers from the audience and sat them on stage. He then picked a handful of them on stage and started spouting stuff off about their life and family and more often than not he was spot on. Numerous times throughout this part he had to keep saying "Remember, there is no such thing as a psychic and all I am doing is reading people. I'm not communicating with any of your deceased relatives". It was really impressive. I don't think Brown dislikes psychics. I get the impression he respects the skill it takes to be good at it, but he gets angry that people are claiming to speak with the dead as it's not the case.

eep

Stole my kid's name (and mine, come to think of it!). That's low, even for a Caley fan.

My maw got one of these psycho readings a few years back and they told her she had two kids (she has three and two step kids) and that her son has a humourous tattoo. He was right about the tattoo.

Load of shite. Don't fund these c***s.

Currently working in a call centre, and there's always a good 5-10 minutes between calls. My question is this, is it bad that since the start of the week i've read the first 160 pages of this thread, and I intend to just keep going till i reach the end? only 546 to go!

tbh though, cracking thread with some great banter.

Currently working in a call centre, and there's always a good 5-10 minutes between calls. My question is this, is it bad that since the start of the week i've read the first 160 pages of this thread, and I intend to just keep going till i reach the end? only 546 to go!

tbh though, cracking thread with some great banter.

To be honest, there are worse crimes you could commit.

Like reading the Word Association thread from cover to cover.

Wouldn't even consider it, since I started a couple of months ago, i've made my way through the out of the mouth of babes thread, a few others I can't remember, and p&b gold, fc pro vercelli was a great thread, but the best/worst date offers was comedy gold, that utter clown hibernia making a complete arse of himself still makes me laugh now.

To be honest, there are worse crimes you could commit.

Like reading the Word Association thread from cover to cover.