The New Raith Rovers Thread

He has played up front for United and scored. Heard that Petrie has been told he can leave if he finds a club

As far as I can see he's only scored 1 goal for Utd. He's only 20 and could improve but not exactly the player we desperately needed.

Perhaps we'll still get in another striker as well.

I remember we all made a last minute decision to head down to Stranraer in the supporters bus (think we won 3-1) and the bus got stuck in a ditch outside the ground. Think we were stuck there for a good 2 hours or so after the game all trying to get this bus out the ditch. Freezing cold at the time but looking back it was hilarious and a fantastic away day. .

I was on that bus!! Literally pushing the bus out of the mud as it rocked back and forward trying to get a bit of traction. I think someone found an old bit of carpet behind the stand and managed to get it wedged under the wheels to get it moving.

Saw Connoly on tv a few times when he was breaking through and thought he was a decent prospect. Sadly he doesn't seem to have continued to improve and as a result he's been knocked back in the pecking order up Tannadice way, mind you saying that he might just be a better option than Petrie who hasn't done anything as yet to merit a starting place or a new contract.

Connoly may be one for future and cover for just now in a position we don't have many options but I think Longridge is a better shout.

Either way he's not the answer to the goals drought.

Not so good in the banana boots.

From what I recall, that was his best era.

Now, what about this footballer. Looks to be the same height as his dad, so a bit short in the arse. Is he as good at playing football as his dad was?

Does McKinnon have a problem with the word striker. Seems like he's desperate to add another winger. We have absolutely nothing upfront, and he's looking at a winger ffs

I think the biggest issue is the lack of any strikers around.

We've made a move for Sutton and that didn't come off. you only have to look back the last 10 pages of this thread and you'll see that there is very little kicking about.

Cam someone send Derek Riordan an invite on LinkedIn. Just in case.

We have a 6+ ft striker coming in for a trial next week, currently playing in Scandinavia..

He was on trial with Chelsea in 2012.

McKinnon has mentioned that he's already focusing on the future. If he's looking at a winger to be part of his long term plans.. Then where's the harm in that? He's already mentioned several times that we will definitely see an out and out striker come in by the end of the transfer window.. It's still over a week away. I would rather he was spending time looking at players for next season at the minute as well instead of waiting till the end of August and finding out we're still short in some areas and resorting to bring in players like Daly and Robertson.