The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hamill wasn't awful, he was one of those players (we've had a few) who we never quite worked out what to do with because they were a bit lightweight for centre-mid but a bit slow for the wing. The best game I remember him having was as a wing-back, but that wasn't a formation we played very often.

Stephen Reynolds, has to be. I've never seen anything like it. He'd already been an absolute platinum dud on loan at Ayr before we took him. After leaving ourselves he was bumped by St. Johnstone and didn't play senior football ever again (I think) A skinny, uncoordinated shambles of a football player, who was the worst loan signing McGlynn ever made, which is saying quite something.

Willie Dyer maybe?

Absolutely ridiculous shout. He's not even the worst left back we've had in the last five years, and we've only had four.

Has to be Reynolds.

I think it was the period he knew himself that he wasn't a footballer.

Wouldn't be surprised if I was told he hadn't played a single game since and works for Arnold Clark.

Well you'd be well off the mark. He works in an ice cream shop having never played after leaving us. Incredible.

I wouldn't for a minute compare the two but any Dundee fans looking in may not want to know that Craig Wighton had a poorer scoring record than Reynolds, who also managed to play and score for Scotland Under 19's...

Williamson was fine. Always managed a decent number of goals. He'll never be the best, but he was better than any of the above.Also, during the winter he still goes to the games.

Guerrero was one of the few who I've seen subbed on before being subbed off again. Everyone thought he deserved a chance, I seem to recall Renton being the voice of reason saying "he's got white boots and he's Spanish. That doesn't make him good straight away. What if he's pish?"

I would get rid of Craigen as well. The guy is a complete passenger. I would happily tear up his contract tomorrow if he found himself another club stupid enough to take him on.

What matches have you been watching? He's our only creative player, and he's normally pretty good when on the ball which is why it's disappointing at times when he knows he should've done better. I'll admit though, he was howling on Saturday but everyone is allowed a bad day at the office.

Absolutely ridiculous shout. He's not even the worst left back we've had in the last five years, and we've only had four.

Well you'd be well off the mark. He works in an ice cream shop having never played after leaving us. Incredible.

I wouldn't for a minute compare the two but any Dundee fans looking in may not want to know that Craig Wighton had a poorer scoring record than Reynolds, who also managed to play and score for Scotland Under 19's...

Wighton should ask Reynolds if there are any jobs going.

Has to be Reynolds.

I think it was the period he knew himself that he wasn't a footballer.

Wouldn't be surprised if I was told he hadn't played a single game since and works for Arnold Clark.

He played for us in a cup tie against Brechin and missed an absolute sitter before being punted. Think he instantly gave up and was last seen working in an Ice Cream shop.

Was far more prolific than Stevie May until they hit the senior level. Strange how it works out.

He played for us in a cup tie against Brechin and missed an absolute sitter before being punted. Think he instantly gave up and was last seen working in an Ice Cream shop.

Was far more prolific than Stevie May until they hit the senior level. Strange how it works out.

The world is his oyster.

At this negative stage of the season, with the winter collapse in full flow, what could be more rewarding than another stroll down memory lane to pick our top 5 worst players of recent times. Let's avoid the infamous Anelka season and our prolonged stay in the Second Division. So, worst First Division/Championship players Rovers have fielded since 2009?

My worst five after taking all nominations into account are:

1. Ross Perry

2. Scott McBride

3. Joe Hamil

4. Andy McNeil

5. Craig Wighton

No place for Reynolds. For me, Wighton was worse.

Edited by Scary Bear

Gatheussi shouldn't be third. He had a stormer up in dundee during the scottish cup run.

Dunbar and Hamill are shouts. As would be Liam Fox. Craig Wedderburn deserves a mention too.

I was fortunate enough not to witness Wedderburn's disaster at EEP and Fox had some excellent games earlier in his Rovers career.