The New Raith Rovers Thread

This guy (Ansah Awusu)

I remember him falling over and JP trying unsuccessfully to haul him to his feet at that Falkirk game quite well, I think that was also the game where Agathe tried to nutmeg a defender in the opening min and it didn't come off.... and that was his sole contribution that day, it was as if his attitude was "oh well it's not going to be my day and I'm away to Hibs anyway". The defeat was the end of our promotion challenge that season as it all but mathematically ruled out us catching Falkirk or the Pars.

As for Awusu I actually thought he was ok, he scored 3 goals in his 8 (2) appearances between March and May and was light years better than some of the dross we were to sign four seasons later.

Edited by Scottydog

Yeah, just saw his rather grim facebook update.

I only know him tangentially through mutual friends but the way he's dealt with the last year or two and remained so cheerful and positive throughout has been properly inspiring.

Anyone on here sit in the main stand? Considering watching from there to see if it's a bit less ridiculous than people telling the players they're pish as soon as they make a mistake.

Sat their for the Morton game (mainly because I'd drank too much in the Raith suite and didnt fancy venturing to the South Stand)

From what i can remember the view was shite and it was full of moany old b*****ds.

I see Ray has dusted down Dazza's "rub of the green" catchphrase. Aaaaarghhh!

That's it, sack him, sack the players, sack the board - they are all pish. Burn down Starks park and salt the earth so nothing can ever grow there again. Nuke it from space - it's the only way to be sure.

Has their been a date set for the Queens or St Mirren Midweek re-scheduled games yet? I would have thought we'd have a date set for the St Mirren game already..

Nothing been said yet, got to be midweeks as you say though, there is a scenario that would allow us to play St Mirren on a Saturday but it would involve waiting to see if Dumbarton & Morton both go all the way to the Scottish Cup semi-finals which is highly unlikely!

Anyone on here sit in the main stand? Considering watching from there to see if it's a bit less ridiculous than people telling the players they're pish as soon as they make a mistake.

I sat there for our game (obvs). The pie was excellent and you got a cracking view of the seethe from the home stand behind the goal. More entertaining than the first half tbqh.

The view wasn't great, similar to Cappielow but with legroom.

Slightly OT but it would be great if they could open the Railway Stand again. I used to sit there when I was younger you always got a cracking view of the game.