The New Raith Rovers Thread

I remember me and my dad sat next to Ally for a challenge cup game against Stirling away in 2009, a certain Mr Tade's debut.

I remember going absolutely mad at how shit he looked, saying "let go Hissy and sign Gregory Fucking Tade, get it sorted Mcglynn" only for Ally to assure me Gregory would turn out okay......

I remember me and my dad sat next to Ally for a challenge cup game against Stirling away in 2009, a certain Mr Tade's debut.

I remember going absolutely mad at how shit he looked, saying "let go Hissy and sign Gregory Fucking Tade, get it sorted Mcglynn" only for Ally to assure me Gregory would turn out okay......

Well Ally certainly got that one wrong!

A fair move. He's been unable to get into the starting XI and made precious few sub appearances. With us having gotten over our injuries and able to put out a decent bench now, I imagine he would probably struggle to make the match day squad.

I hope it works out well for him.

A fair move. He's been unable to get into the starting XI and made precious few sub appearances. With us having gotten over our injuries and able to put out a decent bench now, I imagine he would probably struggle to make the match day squad.

I hope it works out well for him.

I don't think he has made the bench the last few weeks, I just thought it was down to injury.. But obviously not.

That Guy has more courage than any 10 of us. We need to do something to show our feelings for the big guy. Any ideas?

Line the route of his last journey with Rovers scarfs? Got to do something.

I agree that something needs to be done but I'm not sure if that would be the best thing to do to show our feelings. Anyway he's defied the odds so far so I'm still clinging on to the last wee of hope that he has a miraculous recovery and is up as upbeat as ever next week.

That'd be nice but short of Devine intervention I can't see that happening. He has defied the odds for aa long time but Ally knew there was only going to be one winner and it seems his opponent has aggressively picked up the pace of late.

Good luck on your journey Al you are an inspiration to us all.

That'd be nice but short of Devine intervention I can't see that happening. He has defied the odds for aa long time but Ally knew there was only going to be one winner and it seems his opponent has aggressively picked up the pace of late.

Good luck on your journey Al you are an inspiration to us all.

Given the subject, I don't want to, but I just can't help myself. Devine, you say?

http://youtu.be/wQPREfADxYo

Edited by Scary Bear

I don't really know Ally, but he was pretty important during the bleak years in the wilderness post-Anelka when we were milling around in the Second Division with the gangsters threatening to shut us down.

The half-time introductions of great players of the past gave me a bit of hope that things would get better again. He was obviously well likes that he could persuade past greats to turn up at Starks Park of a Saturday.

Like others, I've come across some of his Facebook posts through friends who have shared them. He seems a very intelligent guy and puts his thoughts across well with a writing style that puts the reader at ease, despite the subject of terminal cancer. I would agree with others that his response to the news and subsequent coping with his terminal illness have been something to admire.

Hopefully his final days, weeks or months of life are as peaceful, pain free and enjoyable as possible.

Edited by Scary Bear