The New Raith Rovers Thread

That would indeed be excellent news if both stay, both have been excellent this season and will be important in is progressing again next year.

The idea of a joint Falkirk/playoff game ticket is a good idea. Surely lots of people will come out the woodwork for the playoff game and if even a few of them take up the option for both then it should still make the club some money. Whatever we get gate wise for the playoffs was surely a bonus to the coffers anyway as well as the extra income for finishing 4th.

I'd imagine it'll be Ray McKinnon winning manager of the month as this has been tweeted by Matt Elder.

Isn't the Manager of the Month award usually a bit of a poison chalice which sees the recipient's team suffer a stunning loss of form in the following month?

Isn't the Manager of the Month award usually a bit of a poison chalice which sees the recipient's team suffer a stunning loss of form in the following month?

I recall Grant Murray won two on the spin, Ray will be fine if he keeps it to just the one.

It's just reversion to the mean.

Very glad it doesn't look like the play-off challenge is going to the last day. Our last match of the season at Livingston has been moved to Sunday at 12:30pm, presumably because Sky want to show Rangers lift the trophy. Bit ridiculous that, with the play-offs due to kick off on the following Wednesday.

If we have sealed a play-off spot by then, I imagine it'll be a reserve side that plays on the day.

Very glad it doesn't look like the play-off challenge is going to the last day. Our last match of the season at Livingston has been moved to Sunday at 12:30pm, presumably because Sky want to show Rangers lift the trophy. Bit ridiculous that, with the play-offs due to kick off on the following Wednesday.

If we have sealed a play-off spot by then, I imagine it'll be a reserve side that plays on the day.

BT Sport are showing St Mirren v Rangers but I'd imagine Rangers will get the trophy at Ibrox the week before. Not sure why they are bothering. Bit of a pest. I have a hotel booked in Edinburgh for the Saturday night as we're at Hibernian. Oh well, night out before the game instead of after it! Likewise fair possibility of Hibs and Falkirk fielding reserve sides if they are already secured in whichever spot they occupy.

BT Sport are showing St Mirren v Rangers but I'd imagine Rangers will get the trophy at Ibrox the week before. Not sure why they are bothering. Bit of a pest. I have a hotel booked in Edinburgh for the Saturday night as we're at Hibernian. Oh well, night out before the game instead of after it! Likewise fair possibility of Hibs and Falkirk fielding reserve sides if they are already secured in whichever spot they occupy.

Indeed. date actually suits me better and not working on the Monday so few post match beers in Edinburgh sounds good.

Could of course be a crucial game for Hibs if 2nd/3rd not decided in advance of it.

Its a bit daft moving games when there is nothing at stake. IIRC the last game of last season at Dumbarton was moved even though the result of the game would make no difference to either sides position or affect any other team.

Indeed. date actually suits me better and not working on the Monday so few post match beers in Edinburgh sounds good.

Could of course be a crucial game for Hibs if 2nd/3rd not decided in advance of it.

Or on current form, 3rd / 4th ...