The New Raith Rovers Thread

Came across a little nervous to me. Needs honing on his interview skills, but he knew what is expected of him and where he wants to go.

It will be interesting who his backroom staff will be. We will see which players he can get to resign. If he can persuade connoly to sign a new contract with us he would impress me greatly. But as he clearly stated, he doesnt need a new squad, maybe 3 or 4 additions and he will be fine.

lets get behind him, he may just prove many doubters wrong.

Quite liked that interview although it's never going to be a hard one as he knows what we need to do, yeah if he can keep Connelly, Anderson or McKeown I'll be very happy and if not then hopefully he deviates from players who he's brought in before and haven't lived up to expectations.

I'm still not convinced the board got this right but this is most likely his last chance (at full time football anyway) so he really needs to make it work. He can get the fans on board quick with a few good signings and rattling the Pars in the first derby.

Wee tip for the new boy.

We see it a lot with opposition managers who know hee haw about the club whose 1st thought is to refer to us as "Raith". Naebody in kdy, kinghorn, bisland, cardenden, glenrothes who support/know the club call us Raith. Anyone local who has an association with the club knows were the "Rovers". If GL learns/understands this then he'll do ok & we'll finish mid table & above the pars which = success/happy days for us. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if we murder the gypos along the road 4 times this season.

Needs more replication to make sure everyone is pulling the right direction. ..

Seriously tho as been mentioned by a few on here we can't change the appointment and just need to hope his time out of the game has helped him. Big thing is making sure the likes of Vaughan and Matthews don't get over looked in the squad

Came across a little nervous to me. Needs honing on his interview skills, but he knew what is expected of him and where he wants to go.

It will be interesting who his backroom staff will be. We will see which players he can get to resign. If he can persuade connoly to sign a new contract with us he would impress me greatly. But as he clearly stated, he doesnt need a new squad, maybe 3 or 4 additions and he will be fine.

lets get behind him, he may just prove many doubters wrong.

It's obvious. Billy Brown will be his assistant and he'll sign anyone who played for him at Hearts and is available. Just like he did at Kilmarnock.

It's obvious. Billy Brown will be his assistant and he'll sign anyone who played for him at Hearts and is available. Just like he did at Kilmarnock.

Similar to what Ray Mc did after he joined us then.

Signed The Dundee crew and anyone he liked at Brechin

They weren't guys that had played under him though.

Hopefully Locke at least steers away from his pals like Hamill, Robinson, McHattie and Carrick when it comes to signings.

If he can do that then there may at least be a glimmer of hope he's learned from his mistakes.

Hopefully Locke at least steers away from his pals like Hamill, Robinson, McHattie and Carrick when it comes to signings.

If he can do that then there may at least be a glimmer of hope he's learned from his mistakes.

TBF, Carrick was a decent prospect until McCulloch fucked him up at Ibrokes.

The likes of Wighton, Petrie and Megginson had all played at Brechin under him I'm sure.

Aye hopefully he stays clear of guys like that, then he should get on fine. Make or break for him this year with us really.

Heard a wee rumour on Wednesday that McHattie was maybe coming to us anyway. Wasn't the most reliable source to be fair but it was talked about before Gary Locke was getting touted as manager anyway.

Who was worse Killie manager between Locke and Allan Johnston?

Locke by a mile. Got his 3 year contract then presided over worst run of results in the club's history.

Asked to be judged once he built his own team (deflecting from his input in building previous seasons team as assistant manager), made his signings for the new season, gave 8 players their debut vs Dundee (our most debuts in 1 game since club formation according to killiefc.com) and got spanked 4-0.

He then proceeded to oversee more disastrous 4-0 home defeats, as well as 5-2 v Thistle at before his final spanking 5-1 to Dundee United.

His team selections at times looked like they had been picked out a hat.

You can look forward to being told "the boys will work harder in training next week" after every defeat, with no evidence that any training actually takes place.

If he brings a sports scientist in promising to make the team fit by November (we'll ignore that the season actually starts in August for this one) then expect your team to be blowing out their arses by 60 minutes as happened to Killie this season.

TL/DR Gary Locke was the worst manager in Killie history imho

Heard a wee rumour on Wednesday that McHattie was maybe coming to us anyway. Wasn't the most reliable source to be fair but it was talked about before Gary Locke was getting touted as manager anyway.

He was given a three year contract at Killie (yes, really) and has two years left on it. Whether or not he stays if they are relegated/stay up, or is told he is not part of Lee Clark's plans and can find another club, I don't know. I believe he is also a Raith fan, which will always lead to rumours floating around. 

For what it's worth, my hostilities end now. Displeasure has been communicated and I can only hope that I am wrong in hindsight. 

He was given a three year contract at Killie (yes, really) and has two years left on it. Whether or not he stays if they are relegated/stay up, or is told he is not part of Lee Clark's plans and can find another club, I don't know. I believe he is also a Raith fan, which will always lead to rumours floating around.

For what it's worth, my hostilities end now. Displeasure has been communicated and I can only hope that I am wrong in hindsight.

Also the fact that we need a LB..

Yep, add me to the "he's here now so may as well get behind him" crew. Not my first choice by a long stretch but he's got a decent squad to start with. As long as he doesn't instantly sign his pals and makes good additions we should be fine.

I withhold the right to change all this if McCulloch gets appointed in any capacity into the backroom.

Fucks sakes talk about a climb down!

Locke by a mile. Got his 3 year contract then presided over worst run of results in the club's history.

Asked to be judged once he built his own team (deflecting from his input in building previous seasons team as assistant manager), made his signings for the new season, gave 8 players their debut vs Dundee (our most debuts in 1 game since club formation according to killiefc.com) and got spanked 4-0.

He then proceeded to oversee more disastrous 4-0 home defeats, as well as 5-2 v Thistle at before his final spanking 5-1 to Dundee United.

His team selections at times looked like they had been picked out a hat.

You can look forward to being told "the boys will work harder in training next week" after every defeat, with no evidence that any training actually takes place.

If he brings a sports scientist in promising to make the team fit by November (we'll ignore that the season actually starts in August for this one) then expect your team to be blowing out their arses by 60 minutes as happened to Killie this season.

TL/DR Gary Locke was the worst manager in Killie history imho

Will be impossible for him to give 8 players their debut in our first league game of the season thankfully...