The New Raith Rovers Thread

Connolly has been offered a contract. That he has not signed it would suggest he has, or is waiting for, other offers.

Rory McKeown likewise.

So will be also be due money for Connolly if we offer him a contract and he goes elsewhere?

I posted this on our page as I cant believe Locke has signed Johnston.

This from the very same manager who hadn't a clue where'how to play him at Killie, and his first signing....Jeezuz.

Absolutely no disrespect to Raith but I truly hope the wee man hasn't made a huge mistake.

I hope I'm wrong because if he keeps injury free and is managed properly he could be a great signing for you.

We have 2 wingers signed so why does that mean Anderson is off?

I know we signed a manager who hasn't performed well in the past but if we have any aspiration of reaching the top league Anderson should be a backup player. As much as I love the guy and am grateful for his service.

But that's not all he did, is my point. A manager surely has to be able to look beyond his direct experience of players when building a squad, so that he can pick guys who will suit the situation rather than just guys he happens to know. That way you avoid stagnation as the same group of travelling failures get older. McKinnon may have had guys he knew and wanted, he also signed from fairly left field: Craigen and Longridge, for example.

But that's not all he did, is my point. A manager surely has to be able to look beyond his direct experience of players when building a squad, so that he can pick guys who will suit the situation rather than just guys he happens to know. That way you avoid stagnation as the same group of travelling failures get older. McKinnon may have had guys he knew and wanted, he also signed from fairly left field: Craigen and Longridge, for example.

And this might not be all ​Gary Locke does.  Give him a chance FFS.

And this might not be all ​Gary Locke does.  Give him a chance FFS.

Yeah, and Johnston looks like he has the potential to be a good signing. If he and Vaughan have shaken off their injuries we could have a fairly skillful forward line. In spite of my moaning, I am willing to give him a chance, and I've previously written that I get the board's rationale for bringing him in. I still have fairly big doubts, and I am giving voice to those - maybe too much.

Edited by renton

Oh dear renton pal. I think you and i are getting too old. Maybe time to concentrate more on fishing, having a beer and relaxing. :cheers

Sorry to tell you guys it goes on I am 65+ and still fret about the Rovers. Ever hopeful.