The New Raith Rovers Thread

Fully understand and agree with that but the club needs to come first, loan him up, loan him down, loan him to an English club just not to a club who we might be fighting for a place possibly 8th we will look pretty stupid if we finish 9th behind them after he fires them to a few extra points.  Don't suppose we can recall him if we punt Locke?

If he's on a development loan which is extremely likely then I'm sure we have until the transfer window shuts tomorrow night to do so. Then we can't recall him.

Penman (South) Stand behind the goals would be best place to sit, that's where the majority of home fans go & while there might be a lot of bad language (taking into consideration the kid) you're likely to hear it anywhere in the ground especially as the away support will likely be in the Main Stand, parking is available at Beveridge Park but can sometimes get extremely busy so alternatively there is the back of the flats across from the stadium, plenty side streets, Morrisons & a car park on the Esplanade.

Many thanks. Very helpful.

13 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If he's on a development loan which is extremely likely then I'm sure we have until the transfer window shuts tomorrow night to do so. Then we can't recall him.

You could recall him after tomorrow, but he wouldn't be able to play for you.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

I actually don't blame the board regarding Vaughan. Whilst it was clearly a stupid decision, and I hope most of the board agree, if they aren't going to sack the manager they have to back him. They shouldn't be interfering with who the manager keeps and gets rid of if they think he's the right man for the job.

They backed the manager and backed the player.  They don't get on.  I've said that for a good while.  He had choices the league below but didn't want to go to table topping Livi which isn't far from Eh16.  He wanted to stay in the league, he's confident enough to play in this league despite of what your manager says.  Thats why he agreed the new deal.  

50 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

There's no way possible for that. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I was informed there was. Either way, I think it's clear that Vaughan has no intention of playing for Locke and Locke has no intention of recalling Vaughan.

There's not and fair point.  Although it's all been professionally dealt with.

3 hours ago, donny86 said:

I think the issue on the board is there isn't really anyone with influence on it, apart from Caira, there's no real investment.

Drysdale is a mouthpiece, the chairman has no major investment, neither does Dave Wann or Tom Morgan. The fans rep has been anonymous despite all his promises. The only person with the financial clout to make decisions is Val, and she had appointed a proxy

John Sim,Val McDermid and don't be surprised if there's money going into our club from Penman

Folk go on about Carias investment.Hes had the monopoly on the catering at Starks for years so has had his money's worth

I know penman put money into the club for the naming of the south  stand but i think that was a one off not an ongoing  thing . I also wouldnt be surprised  if he has no intention of rejoining the board but you wouldnt bet against him helping out if we were in trouble. 

Edited by Frank conner

5 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You could recall him after tomorrow, but he wouldn't be able to play for you.

You cant recall within the first 28 days at all regardless. So couldnt recall by tomorrow even if they wanted to. Unless the deal was dated 3rd Jan or earlier anyway.

4 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

There's no recall option regardless. 

There is always a cancelation option. It may not be written into the loan agreement but if all three parties agreed it was for the best to cancel it (after 28 days) then it could be cancelled. As noted though he still wouldnt be eligible for Raith's first team. Of course Dumbarton could refuse a request to cancel but its not generally the done thing when you are borrowing someone else's player. The sort of thing that leads to other clubs not loaning you players in future.

Maybe when Locke and the board eventually realise that Dumbarton are serious rivals to us, say when they move 6 points ahead of us for example, they will recall Vaughan and make him sit out the rest of the season to avoid Dumbarton enjoying any further benefits from his services.

Edited by Martin Nelson

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You cant recall within the first 28 days at all regardless. So couldnt recall by tomorrow even if they wanted to. Unless the deal was dated 3rd Jan or earlier anyway.

There is always a cancelation option. It may not be written into the loan agreement but if all three parties agreed it was for the best to cancel it (after 28 days) then it could be cancelled. As noted though he still wouldnt be eligible for Raith's first team. Of course Dumbarton could refuse a request to cancel but its not generally the done thing when you are borrowing someone else's player. The sort of thing that leads to other clubs not loaning you players in future.

Okay, Lewis doesn't know the pen terms of his loan then because he says he won't be back this season and there's no recall option.  He's there for the season.  

2 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

Maybe when Locke and the board eventually realise that Dumbarton are serious rivals to us, say when they move 6 points ahead of us for example, they will recall Vaughan and make him sit out the rest of the season to avoid Dumbarton enjoying any further benefits from his services.

There's no chance of that happening.  

Just now, Bambino7 said:

There's no chance of that happening.  

Yeah it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment.  Considering Dumbarton's next two matches are against St Mirren and Ayr he will hopefully still make a positive contribution for us between now and the end of the season.

No agreement in place!

43 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Okay, Lewis doesn't know the pen terms of his loan then because he says he won't be back this season and there's no recall option.  He's there for the season.  

7 minutes ago, Dynamo 2013 said:

No agreement in place!

Uh huh, neither of you has contradicted anything I said.