The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Nobody is arguing about the CVA. A lot of the money due to creditors was due to the guys now running the club.

I can't understand how you can say what I said had no bearing on his eventual decision making.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Our club is better run now and we aren't scratching around looking for 14k off our supporters groups.

I'

This never happened, the club never asked for the money.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Problem with this situation is that while Locke may go the guy who appointed him and will appoint his successor is in no danger of leaving. If we sacked Locke we'd probably end up with Billy Brown...

We got rid of Murray and got an excellent young manager. A lot of fans on here thought we'd do the same after McKinnon went to United and that we'd set a trend. I was expecting us to either go for Aitken or for Young. In the end, we didn't bother with either route. 

It's probably also the reason why there's a Drysdale out thread on fantalk. People see Eric as the public facing member of the board and don't consider the others who'll be involved. 

Better than soiling your own because your that full of shite you can't bring yourself to protest to change things at your club.

You seem more upset about it all than practically any Rovers fan on here. Are we your other team?

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You seem more upset about it all than practically any Rovers fan on here. Are we your other team?

Go ride back across the Patter Desert you just crossed. Disgraceful performance.

2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Oh I see, is it a bit of revisionism going on?

“Supporters groups didn’t even wait to be asked for help by the board… they understood our difficulties and independently decided to make contributions that will make a real difference to their football club. It’s testimony to the strong relationship that exists between these organisations and the board that they have not hesitated to offer financial support to help get us through a difficult period.

http://www.raithrovers.net/27655/tremendous-gestures-by-supporters-organisations.htm

Now do us all a favour and f**k off.

Just now, Piracy said:

Oh I see, is it a bit of revisionism going on?

Club doesn't have home fixture in December. Fan groups give the money to the club on their own. Why would the club go out to ask the fan groups for money, when they have people like Mario Caira or Val McDermid on the board who have money they can draw on themselves? It was completely voluntary of those fan groups and you can feel free to contact them at any point to ask if they were asked to give the money over.  

Better luck next time though. 

13 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Club doesn't have home fixture in December. Fan groups give the money to the club on their own. Why would the club go out to ask the fan groups for money, when they have people like Mario Caira or Val McDermid on the board who have money they can draw on themselves? It was completely voluntary of those fan groups and you can feel free to contact them at any point to ask if they were asked to give the money over.  

Better luck next time though. 

If you take your season ticket money and split it into monthly income over the season, mind it'd be pointless given you've not really sold that many.

We've no credit facility but we have financially astute people running the club. Helps prevent any shortage of cash and having to mooch. That's just embarrassing.

20 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Now do us all a favour and f**k off.

Stop being a wide man and dishing out abuse. You all keep quoting me so I've a right to reply.

Pars fan without irony gives financial advice :lol: Next up in our comedy show a Rangers fan gives a presentation on sporting integrity.   

The daft lad doesn't seem to realise we've done the save the club (Reclaim the Rovers) thing back in 2005.

Are we in financial difficulties again or are we just a bit shite at football at the moment?

If you're a Rovers fan you live with the fact that relegation is more likely than promotion.

5 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Stop being a wide man and dishing out abuse. You all keep quoting me so I've a right to reply.

I felt obliged to correct you on a falsehood, for that you are open to abuse, stop and the abuse will stop.

We've no credit facility but we have financially astute people running the club. Helps prevent any shortage of cash and having to mooch. That's just embarrassing.

You still here trying to be relevant?

How in any way was the club mooching? Even though you have been told several times already, I'll provide an example;-

Pars fans seem quite proud of the whole scheme about a couple of thousand fans pay £20 direct debit into the club each. Am I right? Fans playing a sum of money into the club to help them out?

This was exactly the same. Fans decided on their own accord to pay a some of money into the club on their own accord to them out. We have very wealthy Board-members who are also fans of the club( Mario Caira and especially Val McDermid) who would be more than happy to cough up a bit of money if it ever got to that stage I'm sure. What's so hard to understand about it all?

16 minutes ago, Piracy said:

If you take your season ticket money and split it into monthly income over the season, mind it'd be pointless given you've not really sold that many.

Making story's up about Rovers having the begging bowl out to fans! Lost that one ! So you know for a fact that Dunfermline recieve no money donations from supporters groups or local businessmen and solely survive on season ticket sales?

Gary Locke now has the longest winless run (12 matches)  of any Raith Rovers manager in over twenty years (at least back to 93/94, where I can't see any reliable records).

The club did go 15 matches in 2001/02 without a win, however Peter Hetherston resigned after 11 matches. They also went 13 without a win at the beginning of 04/05, but Claude Anelka resigned after 10 games.

Failure to beat Dundee United on Saturday puts this run down as bad as anything the Anelka side accomplished. 

11 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Making story's up about Rovers having the begging bowl out to fans! Lost that one ! So you know for a fact that Dunfermline recieve no money donations from supporters groups or local businessmen and solely survive on season ticket sales?

Clubs lifeline is evidently a success. Think it provides about 200k a year. Other clubs run similar schemes.

No idea if individuals put money in. I don't run the club neeb.