The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Good suggestion. Annoying Pars c**t that he is.

So I'm a c**t now. 

Stay away because it's easier to be apathetic and spineless as well as abusive. Try venting your anger toward your Manager and Board. More constructive.

I'm sure the Pars board ignored the fans protests and .Net was deleting any fans who were criticising the club, correct me if i'm wrong on this.   Masterton  didn't give a shit what the Pars fans had to say it was only when the wheels came off financially his hand was forced to do anything. Turning up and protesting can make a difference but only if the board actually give a shit what you have to say after you hand over your cash.  If you are not happy with a product the best way to show it is to stop buying it.  

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I'm sure the Pars board ignored the fans protests and .Net was deleting any fans who were criticising the club, correct me if i'm wrong on this.   Masterton  didn't give a shit what the Pars fans had to say it was only when the wheels came off financially his hand was forced to do anything. Turning up and protesting can make a difference but only if the board actually give a shit what you have to say after you hand over your cash.  If you are not happy with a product the best way to show it is to stop buying it.  

He didn't ignore the protests, he couldn't. He made moves to f**k off not long after the protests. 

DAFC.net did delete posts and forum users. I know because I was one of them continually affected. I fact I know more than most about how it all came about.

As I said before though different circumstances and nowt to do with me. I'm just passing the afternoon.

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

To be honest having the fans all in cohesion to get behind the team is damn near impossible at starks never mind getting them together for that. It could be worth doing if the fans do actually come together though.

There will always be political divisions, I know there was at East End but what's your options?

Ask for a meeting, using the clubs facilities. That's how it started at East End. It was a catalyst.

You'd be amazed who shows up.

Scary that it's a whole 3 months since we won a game of football, even that was an undeserved one v a seriously struggling QoS.

I am hopeful that if our performance levels don't rise considerably and we fail to win either of our next two matches then Locke will walk.  If he doesn't, our board need to grow a pair and get shot. They hired him, they gambled with the cheap option of a guy with 'fail' all over his managerial CV so they need to take the hit and do what is best for our club.

The way things are right now, it isn't inconceivable that we are caught by St Mirren! Still have them twice and currently 12pts in front. 

3 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Scary that it's a whole 3 months since we won a game of football, even that was an undeserved one v a seriously struggling QoS.

I am hopeful that if our performance levels don't rise considerably and we fail to win either of our next two matches then Locke will walk.  If he doesn't, our board need to grow a pair and get shot. They hired him, they gambled with the cheap option of a guy with 'fail' all over his managerial CV so they need to take the hit and do what is best for our club.

The way things are right now, it isn't inconceivable that we are caught by St Mirren! Still have them twice and currently 12pts in front. 

No way will he walk, it will be his last chance at management.  

Not convinced Locke will walk, last chance saloon on the management front for him and I doubt he'll even consider walking. Same turgid stuff for the last god knows how long, he's not going to change now regardless of whether there are protests or not. It's down to whether the board have the minerals or not.

To be honest having the fans all in cohesion to get behind the team is damn near impossible at starks never mind getting them together for that. It could be worth doing if the fans do actually come together though.

Dunfermline fans like painting bed sheets. I'm sure Piracy could lend a hand.

Just now, grumswall said:

Agree with this. You've got various different groups and types of supporters. You had people chanting Locke's name at the Hearts game ffs. Even during Toni Calderon's time as manager you had folk moaning we played it tippy tappy and didn't win by big margins. 

In all honesty, looking at the next few fixtures I've got no desire to head to any of them. I'm a season ticket holder, but I skipped the home game at Hearts and missed yesterday on the basis that I'd rather go to spend the money I'd usually pay on the train back to Kirkcaldy on going to watch Trainspotting 2 (top film, with excellent throwbacks to the first). The United game is on the telly, Morton at home is a midweek game where it'll be a pain the arse to come through, before we then face Hibs at Starks. Anything from these games is a bonus, but judging by what I listened to (on the excellent Raith Rovers abroad, who offer a good perspective on the game: top service from them and a really asset to the club) it didn't sound positive at all. 

I've said it time and time again, but it feels like the club and the fans are in completely different mindsets. The club will say we've been unfortunate, but we need everyone to stick together. However, from the fans perspective, there were plenty of warnings beforehand and the board completely disregarded them. It really frustrates me that the club continue to expect fans to show up and offer support when they don't seem to have any time for our views. I'm not naive about the matter: I wouldn't go wading in with the "Ah pay yur wages" shite that some people believe. I know that directors like Caira will have helped us out of more than a few sticky situations. 

But it feels like they're on a completely different wavelength. It's been said before, but do they realistically think that flinging out a crowdshot on twitter saying "It's gameday, we need your support. #bepartofit " and hoping people will part with £15 when the team have people going tits mental on social media and we're not winning games. Behind the scenes, I'm almost certain that harsh words are being said, but it's never anything public facing. I remember in the midweek game near the end of Murray's tenure where we played Cowdenbeath and Nish scored a hat-trick. Turnbull Hutton had just passed away, and they did an interview with the Chairman Alan Young and he was livid at the performance. Where are the comments now? It's all well and good having a manager who is sympathetic to budgetary constraints compared to his predecessors, but that's not going to matter if it's clearly not working. 

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Did our board give him a two year contact or one? Surely a one year deal for a manager who was a big gamble on previous record.  

Two year contract. 

4 minutes ago, Piracy said:

He didn't ignore the protests, he couldn't. He made moves to f**k off not long after the protests. 

Complete and utter bullshit. The irony is, that Masterton went out after a CVA. You could've protested for 25 years but it wouldn't have achieved f**k all. The only reason he left the club was down to the CVA. Same old revisionism from Pars fans. Last time they were claiming that Leishman had no idea the club was in financial difficulty and that the Pars fans had moaned about Masterton for years. The revisionism is almost Rangers-esque. 

Rovers fans are the ones with more success in protests, having gone through Reclaim the Rovers just over 12 years ago where we got the West Coasters out of our club. No administrations, no CVAs. Just good people within the community banding round and managing to get a bunch of chancers out. 

6 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Did our board give him a two year contact or one? Surely a one year deal for a manager who was a big gamble on previous record.  

You're crediting the board with something thats beyond their comprehension - common sense and foresight.

If memory serves me right McGlynn had a 1 year rolling contract! which was signed each season if both parties were happy. Locke has been punted from both his previous clubs yet we pick him because he was the best candidate and give him a 2 year contract? Should have been given a years contract to try and prove himself but no! We are stuck with him because he ain't going to resign because he will be finished as a manager and we won't sack him because we will own him another years wages! What a mess

2 minutes ago, basher brash said:

If memory serves me right McGlynn had a 1 year rolling contract! which was signed each season if both parties were happy. Locke has been punted from both his previous clubs yet we pick him because he was the best candidate and give him a 2 year contract? Should have been given a years contract to try and prove himself but no! We are stuck with him because he ain't going to resign because he will be finished as a manager and we won't sack him because we will own him another years wages! What a mess

This

Initial 1 year deal which could have been reviewed 6 months in, yes we might lose our manager as we did McKinnon but lets at least make sure he can do the job first.  They clearly learned nothing from Murray when the jumped the gun in offering him a two year deal after a good start.  

The problem is the board are more than aware the fans don't want Locke in charge so protests at a game and chants to sack him won't do anything. The only thing our board notice is attendance levels hence why Drysdale came out and, instead of acknowledging our concerns, blamed us. The board always do it. Even when Murray was sacked it was more of a "right you've got what you wanted now give us your money".

Yesterday was a prime example of how badly Locke has squandered our budget. We had absolutely no options on the bench other than Stevenson, Skacel and Roberts. It's embarrassing. I'd rather have 3 youth players than those 3.

I was told that, apparently, there was a major fall out between board members before Murray was sacked as several of them liked him as a friend and never wanted him to go whilst others had wanted him gone months before. It was only the threat of no season ticket renewals that broke it. I get the impression it's the same just now. Drysdale clearly loves Locke and the man is too arrogant, stupid, or both, to see what's happening to the club.

15 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Complete and utter bullshit. The irony is, that Masterton went out after a CVA. You could've protested for 25 years but it wouldn't have achieved f**k all. The only reason he left the club was down to the CVA. Same old revisionism from Pars fans. Last time they were claiming that Leishman had no idea the club was in financial difficulty and that the Pars fans had moaned about Masterton for years. The revisionism is almost Rangers-esque. 

Masterton was undermined and forced out by the supporters and their considerable coordinated efforts. That included the protests, the journalistic pieces and other media outlets, the attending of meetings to determine a strategy, etc. You've no idea what really went on and what it took. But it was the fans who got him to leave. They started Pars Alive, Pars Community then it became Pars United. 

Leishman knew what was going on. The other supporting Directors knew in September 2012 when we couldn't pay the players wages. It was some of them that started the move to oust the previous regime and they now run our club.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Piracy said:

Masterton was undermined and forced out by the supporters and their considerable coordinated efforts. That included the protests, the journalistic pieces and other media outlets, the attending of meetings to determine a strategy, etc. You've no idea what really went on and what it took. But it was the fans who got him to leave. They started Pars Alive (me), Pars Community then it became Pars United. 

:lol: Fantastic revisionism, as I say. Despite various other news outlets saying the CVA only passed due to his abstention. But still, keep it up with rewriting the story. 

1 minute ago, rw89 said:

:lol: Fantastic revisionism, as I say. Despite various other news outlets saying the CVA only passed due to his abstention. But still, keep it up with rewriting the story. 

Nobody is arguing about the CVA. A lot of the money due to creditors was due to the guys now running the club.

I can't understand how you can say what I said had no bearing on his eventual decision making.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Our club is better run now and we aren't scratching around looking for 14k off our supporters groups.

I'

Problem with this situation is that while Locke may go the guy who appointed him and will appoint his successor is in no danger of leaving. If we sacked Locke we'd probably end up with Billy Brown...

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Dunfermline fans like painting bed sheets. I'm sure Piracy could lend a hand.

Better than soiling your own because your that full of shite you can't bring yourself to protest to change things at your club.