The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

But the root of the problem wasn't February. It was May 2016.

When Hughes came in the bare minimum he should have achieved was keep us where we were (which was about 7th if I remember right)

14 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

What actions would you suggest? Sack all the board and get all the others that are desperate to give up their time and money to take shite off everyone when things go bad?

They fucked up, we know this, they know this and everyone's paying the price. They've got a chance to get it right this time round and I'm pretty sure they all know the importance of learning from the shambles of last season.

And with regards to your club, when you guys fell like a stone from mid table to the championship after sacking a manager and appointing a dud as his replacement, what were the actions taken at the top table? Did you get rid of the Chairman or other members of the board?

The whole interview was an acceptance of the catastrophe of last season! Do you want to see the Chairman and board begging for forgiveness? He came out and said, we got it wrong and we will make sure we do everything we can to get it right. There's not much else they can do? It was good enough for him to stand up and give us reasoning and answers to what happened this season. People seem to have been expecting some kind of public execution video.

Moaning about everything the board do from now until they are either hounded out or leave the club will not be proactive. And until there's a better alternative, these are the guys we are stuck with.

No, we brought in Leanne Dempster as CEO replacing Petrie and George Craig as head of footballing matters. 

You sound like many Hibernian supporters up until relegation when things where already regressing off the pitch.  Even before Butcher came in there was protests for change against the board by others though. 

I get the point that we need to unite behind the club at some point and create a positive atmosphere.

However, we were only relegated 5 days ago and since then we haven't heard anything from Drysdale and our chairman is still trying to maintain they didn't make a mistake in appointing Locke. 

I think after the season we've endured we're allowed to be pissed off for more than 5 days.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

I get the point that we need to unite behind the club at some point and create a positive atmosphere.

However, we were only relegated 5 days and since then we haven't heard anything from Drysdale and our chairman is still trying to maintain they didn't make a mistake in appointing Locke. 

I think after the season we've endured we're allowed to be pissed off for more than 5 days.

TBF, some of our fans have been in this state since they emerged from the womb.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

If I gave you £500 could you pick up some Microsoft shares while you're there?

Better make sure your parents meet for the first time while your there. Nothing worse than not going back in time, when you should've gone back in time and ceasing to exist as a result.

No, we brought in Leanne Dempster as CEO replacing Petrie and George Craig as head of footballing matters. 
You sound like many Hibernian supporters up until relegation when things where already regressing off the pitch.  Even before Butcher came in there was protests for change against the board by others though. 

I was sure Leanne Dempsters deal was agreed before you guys went down??

If I gave you £500 could you pick up some Microsoft shares while you're there?

I'll need something for the petrol..

3 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

However, we were only relegated 5 days ago and since then we haven't heard anything from Drysdale and our chairman is still trying to maintain they didn't make a mistake in appointing Locke. 

I've been pissed off about it for months, I'll be pissed off with it for months to come and I'll almost certainly be pissed about it this time next year. In fairness, the board could resign and I'd still be pissed.

I can't see Drysdale being at the club unless it's on a part-time or voluntary basis. He's now an elected councillor for Perth. Pretty sure he can't divide his time up that much to remain in charge at the club and I'm very sure the club can't afford to pay him what he was on if he's going to be dedicated to another job.

6 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I was sure Leanne Dempsters deal was agreed before you guys went down??

I'll need something for the petrol..

It was, it reactive to the fans wanting Petrie to step down as CEO though. 

McKinnon always raved about Bene, if they fail to go up he might come calling. The rest of the contracted players, maybe minus one or two, could probably find themselves attracting interest from other Championship clubs. My worry is we lose the bulk of them and are left sifting through the dregs of the full time pool of players that are out there. 

30 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

When Hughes came in the bare minimum he should have achieved was keep us where we were (which was about 7th if I remember right)

How do you figure that out? We'd been in free fall since late October and were saddled with gems like McHattie, M’Voto, Johnston, Roberts, Skacel, Thompson, Brennan and Penksa. In short we still had Locke's duds, we didn't have a decent goalkeeper, we loaned out Vaughan and gave away Bates. And to compound matters Hughes wasn't playing Barr or Benedictus and was generally behaving like a lunatic.

Like I said, the blame for our dreadful season lies with the board when they appointed Locke last May.

Safety was easily achievable. Play the right players in the right positions without making weird substitutions and generally being a total fucking weirdo.

As late as the 2nd last game of the season we were 8th. Hughes fucked up and massively.

So you just ignore the massive mistakes made because someone said sorry?  Personally if it was my club I would say actions speak louder than words. 

It was, it reactive to the fans wanting Petrie to step down as CEO though. 

So it wasn't a direct action from being relegated. Unfortunately, we don't have the cash or resources to be able to attract a Chief Exec from another club. What actions would you be suggesting we do?

After the criticism your board received over the Toshney and especially Bates transfers, it must be reassuring to see the Chairman's fighting talk to warn off any clubs interested in your players.

Contracts are legally binding no matter what league you’re in, but we’re not a club that’s going to hold players against their will. It’s possible we could lose players who are under contract. It depends what their personal circumstances are. There are a lot of difficulties and we need to find solutions.

Edited by Dunning1874