The New Raith Rovers Thread

We would be due compensation of some sort as the ink is still wet on the two year contract he's just signed with us!!!

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

We would be due compensation of some sort as the ink is still wet on the two year contract he's just signed with us!!!

Maybe he has a clause that he can leave for a full time club? Can't see us paying compo

As I said surely only a bunch of board members of Wraith style ineptitude would put that in his contracts!!!

It would only be a full-time side that would come in for him!!!

Although this might not be an exciting signing it could be a whole lot worse considering the names that have been mentioned.  Hes got 7 years coaching experience at varying levels.  He obviously meets the criteria of playing young players from the development team and at 43 hes still young which will fit into this long term plan the club has.  The way I see it hes still to have a real success at a club and hes young enough with decent experience so hopefully the ambition and hunger is there.  Lets give him a chance see what he can do.  

Also worth mentioning that a few East Fife fans were telling me hes the reason they went from 8th and struggling to almost making the play-offs. 

Lets wait and see!

Edited by Rover1990

26 minutes ago, Typicalrovers said:

Just passed Dick Campbell in a Ford Capri on the Standing Stane heading to Methil.

So did I, he was parking up at Stuart the Bakers place !!

Mind you I could have sworn it was a Hillman Imp...;)

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

He did, he was an incredibly bitter loser after the unbeaten run was broken by the Rovers. 

Let's hope he has the same attitude with us, obviously someone who does not like losing.

Think it's the wrong Smith you're in about, heard it was Kevin Smith you've signed for his first Player-manager gig!!!

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

DC must have turned down the offer of the job :lol:

Aye. Apparently he wanted three years and not the two years we offered him. Must not have liked the company car either! Lawl