The New Raith Rovers Thread

If we do play our U20s it will be a two week gap between games. Surely we will have a strong side out, perhaps one of Berry or McKay will feature, as Smith will want to maintain momentum.

There are bound to be at least a handful of first team regulars involved.

Buchanan and Robertson will probably be rested again and hopefully Vaughan and at least one or two others as well.

Ever had a Fisher and Donaldson fudge donut? Feels like you've literally put on a stone after eating it. Luckily they do a smaller version. Think that has custard in it. Carlton have cream in them. I like them both. 

If we're talking rolls though, Stephen's well fired all the way. 

A chicken tikka roll from the Carlton runs it close though. 

12 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Ever had a Fisher and Donaldson fudge donut? Feels like you've literally put on a stone after eating it. Luckily they do a smaller version. Think that has custard in it. Carlton have cream in them. I like them both. 

If we're talking rolls though, Stephen's well fired all the way. 

A chicken tikka roll from the Carlton runs it close though. 

A Fisher and Donaldson fudge donut is the greatest cake on earth imo.

Big fan of a chicken tikka roll from Carlton. Used to have one for lunch nearly every day. 

The bakers shops in Fife are superb. All you seem to get in the Stirling/Falkirk area are shitey Greggs and Baynes and you cannae even get decent rolls anywhere. 

A Fisher and Donaldson fudge donut is the greatest cake on earth imo.
Big fan of a chicken tikka roll from Carlton. Used to have one for lunch nearly every day. 
The bakers shops in Fife are superb. All you seem to get in the Stirling/Falkirk area are shitey Greggs and Baynes and you cannae even get decent rolls anywhere. 

I don't think I've ever had a decent roll anywhere outside of Fife.

As for cakes, Fisher & Donaldson is the correct answer for fudge doughnuts although I prefer their coffee cream towers myself.

Baynes rolls are the best by far,much better than the Carlton/Pillans Rolls.Now,rolls from original  Pillans when it was at the bottom of Beatties Brae/across from Port Brae were the best

Fisher and Donaldson?You need a credit card to buy in that shop or plenty disposable income :lol:.The sell the smallest rolls,cakes,sausage rolls,pies at inflated prices

Pillans rolls when it was the real Pillans (no these fly by night creamery boys) were the best rolls in Kirkcaldy, Dysart store cabins were to die for.  Johnny Parks ingin pies were the best.  Pathead store paste pies were wonderful the nickies from there were delicious and the apple turnovers with fresh cream oh fantastic.  The Green Cockatoo on the High Street in the restraunt up the stairs with the cake racks and the rolls filled with scrambled egg and water cress.  The fresh cream merangues, the cream cakes, scones and whatever.  Never see them again sadly I suppose that's progress.

An interesting article in the East Fife programme from Saturday dealt with home attendances for league one.  After two home games Rovers top the table with 3214.  Next is Alloa with 1622 for two league games.  East fife were last with 589 for one home game but if you add 1800 or so to their total they will probably jump to 3rd or 4th.  I tried to get the official attendances for this weekend but was unable to do so.  What I take from it is that Alloa and East Fife will not get bigger crowds for their league games unless they are playing a successful Rovers side.

An interesting article in the East Fife programme from Saturday dealt with home attendances for league one.  After two home games Rovers top the table with 3214.  Next is Alloa with 1622 for two league games.  East fife were last with 589 for one home game but if you add 1800 or so to their total they will probably jump to 3rd or 4th.  I tried to get the official attendances for this weekend but was unable to do so.  What I take from it is that Alloa and East Fife will not get bigger crowds for their league games unless they are playing a successful Rovers side.

Yeah, the Raith pound will have a beneficial effect on the wee teams' coffers.