The New Raith Rovers Thread

Genuinely amazed he has got another full time club, let alone at that level.

If you look at this thread, you will see fans criticising the manager for not playing an untested youth ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Aaron Lennox, talk to me Rovers fans!

80F89E7F-2A6C-4C33-9ACE-B8E802CFA09A.thumb.jpeg.c5ad297a1e707b5fa69c3120a0c6d585.jpeg

Horrendous luck with injuries, but we beat the Pars a couple of seasons ago while he was in goal with basically a broken arm. :lol: 

I reckon if he played the whole season last time out he wouldn’t have been released. We’ve had really bad luck with Goalkeepers since Davie McGurn left...

Wooft, that’s unexpected. I don’t think we ever really got to see the best of Lennox, such was his luck with injuries. Out for a huge amount of time with an injury (what it was specifically escapes me), and then broke his jaw in a collision in a reserve game during his comeback which put him out for another long spell. Came back into the side when Graeme Smith was dropped and looked very shaky and was directly at fault for more than a few goals and then get injured again at the tail end of the season.

I assume he’s going to be a back up and not first choice? Don’t expect to get any more than 10-15 games out of him in a row. Nice guy, though.

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Aaron Lennox, talk to me Rovers fans!

80F89E7F-2A6C-4C33-9ACE-B8E802CFA09A.thumb.jpeg.c5ad297a1e707b5fa69c3120a0c6d585.jpeg

Lennox was a loan signing in 2016-17 but only made a couple of appearances due to injury. He started last season as our first choice after signing a permanent deal and started well. Unfortunately he got injured a few weeks in and then didn't get back in until January. He must have then played 12-15 games in a row after getting back in but looked shaky pretty much throughout and cost us 3 or 4 goals during that spell. He ended up suffering another injury and that was him for the season. There is a keeper in there if he gets his confidence up but with his injury record I'm surprised he's found a club at that level. Could be a decent back up for you but I'd be concerned if you were expecting him to be your no 1.

Lewis Milne defo  signing next week

I don’t know who that is, I know a few pages back there was chat about him, but I just kinda skimmed over it. Presuming he’s a midfielder? Central or winger?

On 22/06/2018 at 16:11, The Minertaur said:

Milne scored a couple of goals I think against Raith.  The best being in a 2-1 win at Starks when he took a throw in, flicked it over his head and then volleyed low into the net.  

9Wti6kf.gif