The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

C&G: "We're sorry but you've not got the job."
Applicant: "Eh? I've got 25 years' experience, worked all over the world, project managed and love Thomas the Tank Engine."
C&G: "Aye, but what about your set-pieces? We'll go with Morton's Ross Forbes instead."

Absolutely delicious.

fSHL904.gif

1 minute ago, Wee Sandy said:

FANTALK saying we have signed Nathan Flanagan.

No it doesn't, it say a few folk on trial but the only one confirmed - i.e. the only one who's on trial who's name has been confirmed - is Nathan Flanagan.

Edited by renton

35 minutes ago, Paco said:

Goalies: Thomson, new guy

Defence: New RB, Davidson, Bene, Murray, McKay, Watson, Valentine

Midfield: Gillespie, Matthews, Vaughan, New CM, New Winger, Berry, Stevenson

Attack: Buchanan, Duggan, New Forward

Can’t see anything other than Vaughan being used primarily wide if it’s four more outfield players to arrive, and clearly given the interest in Loy one of them will be a striker.

Still looks very thin.

The quality of those 4 names will really decide our season. Our defence  looks ok, and assuming we don't sell him at 5 to Midnight on the last day of the window, in Vaughan we still have the stand out player in the division. However, looking at extremes that squad would look a lot stronger with someone of Cardle's quality in there and weaker with someone of Flanagan's quality.  Whoever we get in up top has to be prepared to be able to carry a misfiring, ageing Buchanan and a guy who could end up being a total flop.

Can’t see anything other than Vaughan being used primarily wide if it’s four more outfield players to arrive, and clearly given the interest in Loy one of them will be a striker.

Still looks very thin.

I hope New Forward is a fucking world-beater. New CM should be good too.

I’m fine with this. For a while now I’ve thought that bringing our own players through the youth system and playing them in the first team is the only sustainable model for us.

Ideally I’d like to see us in the Championship and vying for promotion to the Premiership but that’s just not where we are at the moment. If funds don’t allow for that, then we have to find some sort of model that works for us.

Absolutely delicious.
fSHL904.gif.eafbecf8493f1d0d59458102d57bbd8e.gif

Have you got some wee fanny ultra fans and some older crazy Juniors type fans? If so, you could possibly be the new Ayr United in this league. I look forward to you stealing the league from us on the final day.

13 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I think the big loser in this situation is C&G Systems staff trainer.

In all seriousness, as much as I’m sure everything between the sponsor and club is watertight, having the future of your playing squad reliant on an ongoing relationship with a railroad company seems, well, unorthodox.

But aye, Y WEE NAW GO PRT TIEM?

C&G have a two year sponsorship deal, we won't be offering anyone more than a 2 year deal. The future of our squad is hardly entirely dependent on them.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Have you got some wee fanny ultra fans and some older crazy Juniors type fans? If so, you could possibly be the new Ayr United in this league. I look forward to you stealing the league from us on the final day.

We do have ultras now actually, be prepared for drumsticks to be launched at you should you score at the Rock. Our older fans aren't really crazy, more crabbit, not aware of any junior tendencies in our support thankfully. 

Still looks very thin.

Rory Brian is still with us for another year as well.

Anyway, I’d imagine the 5 signings will be our own players that he’ll want in before the season kicks off on the 4th August. There’ll probably be a loan or 2 to supplement it towards the end of August as well, once he sees where needs strengthening..

I’m just happy with another 5 as with Gillespie, it makes double what Clark said in his interview a couple of weeks ago.

If anyone is interested,  James Berry becomes a wonderful player in Football Manager 2018. I know Sky Sports News use the Football Manager stats therefore they must be true, so this could be the year for wee James to become the player he was born to be. 

Yes but 5 very average signings will not and I have no faith in Barry Smith being able to attract the right type of okayers to SP. I think the Gillespie signing is good but we now have Matthews and Gillespie for the DCM role and no creativity in the centre. 

I don't think Smith's done much wrong thus far with who he's signed and kudos to him for attempting to lure, and for this level relatively big name players, to the club. We've lost out on players, not due to Smiths general dour faced'ness, but because circumstances have arisen that X player(s) can get more money elsewhere. Simple as that. He's obviously got his eye on players that are weighing up their options rather than going gung ho and just signing the first free player that's available to him.