The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I wouldn't be averse to a player manager with Cat in the dugout. 

Be aswell enhancing the squad with the new appointment. 

Who though? 

How would a cat get it's coaching badges? 

its a decent job for a manager to come in and rebuild their reputation, or someone young wanting to make their name. As much as many folk here will disagree, we'll have one of the best squads in the league, and a great opportunity to win the league. Even though we've got a fairly small squad of 21, potential managerial candidates will still fancy their chances with us. 

Maybe a Danny Lennon, but we'll not take someone currently at a club as can't afford compensation. 

Peter Houston out of work - did very well with Falkirk. Jim Duffy i wouldn't have a problem with. Potentially a few younger coaches out there as well that may chuck their hat in the ring. 

Edited by GhostZapper

I like how we're all becoming fussy over who we would want and not want as manager again, while we're in such a precarious position.

Smith walking tells a story in itself considering had he failed to win the next couple of games he'd have likely been sacked and paid his contract out (unless we couldn't afford it and just kept him in). If he's walking out to protect his own career than what does that tell you about the state he's leaving the place in? Unless there's a full time team above us willing to take a punt on him then what does he really expect to happen now? But more importantly for us, who do you see wanting to come into what is proving to be a poisoned chalice?

Also, assuming the BoD didn't see this coming, I can't see a decision being made quickly. For all those wanting Smith out, you seem to have forgotten our BoDs track record in managerial appointments. Murray, McKinnon, Locke, Hughes and Smith...

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I like how we're all becoming fussy over who we would want and not want as manager again, while we're in such a precarious position.

Smith walking tells a story in itself considering had he failed to win the next couple of games he'd have likely been sacked and paid his contract out (unless we couldn't afford it and just kept him in). If he's walking out to protect his own career than what does that tell you about the state he's leaving the place in? Unless there's a full time team above us willing to take a punt on him then what does he really expect to happen now? But more importantly for us, who do you see wanting to come into what is proving to be a poisoned chalice?

Also, assuming the BoD didn't see this coming, I can't see a decision being made quickly. For all those wanting Smith out, you seem to have forgotten our BoDs track record in managerial appointments. Murray, McKinnon, Locke, Hughes and Smith...

Its been a poisoned chalice to those who have opened the bottle of poison themselves and swigged from it. 

Locke, Hughes and Murray all deserved what they got. Mckinnon moved on to better things. 

17 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

That's got f**k all to do with the present board but everything to do with where we find ourselves now.

19 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

no we haven't forgotten YOUR track record Eric