The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Mcglynn hoping to have whole squad assembled by 11th June according to the press.

Good to see us get everything sorted early doors. As usual I’m sure he’ll say on the 11th he’s happy with his squad but going from past experience that won’t rule the odd signing around about the transfer window close and the inevitable couple of loan signings.

15 minutes ago, renton said:

I'd say 2 strikers but aye, very big week ahead. 

Ideally we will. I was assuming that we'd have in Keatings for one of Duku/Ugwu and the other berth free, based on how we started last season. Naturally there is a gap with where we ended given Gullan and Abraham have also departed, having given differing levels of contribution. 

The cards are certainly being held closely to the chest. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

A big week ahead, then! 

Looking for a left back, a winger, a striker at probably at least 1 CM as well. That's not taking into account gaps created elsewhere by departures. 

LB, yes…sign Spencer, need one CM, we don’t and we need two…one winger, yes, but needs to play right side…striker, IDK.

We have Keatings, Vaughan and Mahady at CF, and we tended to use just one. Mahady is too young/inexperienced unless JMcG has another one like Bowie in him, so I suspect we’ll be fishing in an unexpected/inexpensive pool for one more CF. We, unfortunately, need cover for Vaughan, just in case, but don’t want to splash out too much, so an inexpensive veteran forward who plays right wing too would be appealing as well. An alternate choice would be a player who looked promising and then failed to step forward, like Anton Dowds. He looked promising at East Fife, but failed to break through at a Falkirk last year…big motor (and body), more of a second striker/linking forward type who would benefit from JMcG’s tutelage.

33 minutes ago, TxRover said:

LB, yes…sign Spencer, need one CM, we don’t and we need two…one winger, yes, but needs to play right side…striker, IDK.

We have Keatings, Vaughan and Mahady at CF, and we tended to use just one. Mahady is too young/inexperienced unless JMcG has another one like Bowie in him, so I suspect we’ll be fishing in an unexpected/inexpensive pool for one more CF. We, unfortunately, need cover for Vaughan, just in case, but don’t want to splash out too much, so an inexpensive veteran forward who plays right wing too would be appealing as well. An alternate choice would be a player who looked promising and then failed to step forward, like Anton Dowds. He looked promising at East Fife, but failed to break through at a Falkirk last year…big motor (and body), more of a second striker/linking forward type who would benefit from JMcG’s tutelage.

Nah, Anton Dowds is basically a worse version of Declan McManus.

I’m still holding out some slim hope for Innes Cameron. I know he’s under contract for next season and I have no idea what role Killie see him playing. However, if he’s only a back up option for them, a swap deal with Kieran MacDonald might work for both sides.

12 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I’m still holding out some slim hope for Innes Cameron. I know he’s under contract for next season and I have no idea what role Killie see him playing. However, if he’s only a back up option for them, a swap deal with Kieran MacDonald might work for both sides.

He signed a new deal with Killie last week.

13 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

He signed a new deal with Killie last week.

Ah there goes that then. I thought he was already under contract but if he’s just signed a new deal he’ll have no intention of going, nor Killie letting him.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I was not sad that Dowds went to Falkirk when we were rumoured to be in for him. His record at Falkirk pretty much bears that out as well. 

We need better players for level. 

I wouldn't mind picking up players from Airdrie or Montrose, but we should be avoiding dross from clubs in the middle of League One. 

32 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Liam Dick recently followed the club on Twitter. Doesn't get anymore conclusive than that imo.

Someone set up a script that tracks new followers on the club account and we'll know before anyone else. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
39 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:
Liam Dick recently followed the club on Twitter. Doesn't get anymore conclusive than that imo.

He also follows falkirk who are rumoured to be interested.

He might have been following us since he played for us previously, who knows.

So we are sorted for

Goalkeepers.

Defenders apart from a lb but Musonda can cover although it's a bit of a waste.

Midfielders we are waiting on hendry and spencer to sign. This is such a key position I hope we have something lined up as hendry is a long shot but I do think spencer will sign on again. This is where we will have to spend money. 

Wingers we have added Zanatta but lost Armstrong. This is prime for a loan signing.

Forwards really need one more here but I think again McGlynn will opt for a loan signing. 

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

So we are sorted for

Goalkeepers.

Defenders apart from a lb but Musonda can cover although it's a bit of a waste.

Midfielders we are waiting on hendry and spencer to sign. This is such a key position I hope we have something lined up as hendry is a long shot but I do think spencer will sign on again. This is where we will have to spend money. 

Wingers we have added Zanatta but lost Armstrong. This is prime for a loan signing.

Forwards really need one more here but I think again McGlynn will opt for a loan signing. 

I dunno, I can't see us running with no recognised left back, replacing or keeping two centre mids, then only adding two loan signings near the end of the window.