The New Raith Rovers Thread

Varian would be a near twin of Mitchell, so I’m not convinced. Fotheringham was less than a massive success at Falkirk and may not be ready for this level, especially when you then compare to Arnott or Coulson.

Claiming that someone you have never seen play, or even heard of prior to today, is a “near twin” to someone that you’ve seen play 5 times max is a mad call, but fair play to you.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Claiming that someone you have never seen play, or even heard of prior to today, is a “near twin” to someone that you’ve seen play 5 times max is a mad call, but fair play to you.

I’m referring to stature, age, and position. It may be he’s like Vaughan while Mitchell is like Smith in actual play, but a young forward when we’ve signed one, released one, and declined to re-sign two older, more experienced ones, seems a little less likely than most.

As for mad calls, consider the source…moi.

Yeah, don't want to assume that's the case, but really we need experience, not least in midfield where we're missing last season's best player and have another experienced player sidelined indefinitely. 

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

We've got young, under 20yr old forwards, and just sent one out on loan. Whilst I'll give my support to anyone who signs, I really hope this isn't the way forward.

Varian appears to have been a regular goal scorer for Stoke in Premier League 2 (the level above Bowie was at last season) and recently got called up Republic of Ireland u21s.

I would be astonished if he's not way ahead of Mahady (and Mitchell for that matter) in his development.

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Yeah, don't want to assume that's the case, but really we need experience, not least in midfield where we're missing last season's best player and have another experienced player sidelined indefinitely. 

If these two are signing, then we will still need a central midfielder so we might yet add some experience in that department.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Don't really care about the age of who comes in. If they add quality to the squad in the right place, that's fine for me.

The early responses to a question on the Falkirk thread suggest Kai Fotheringham would be a (barely) possible 20 minutes off the bench type, but was very young and inexperienced at even League One level last year. They had to throw him in the deep end due to injuries and he didn’t exactly overawe. Certainly would leave questions about midfield depth.

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Varian appears to have been a regular goal scorer for Stoke in Premier League 2 (the level above Bowie was at last season) and recently got called up Republic of Ireland u21s.

I would be astonished if he's not way ahead of Mahady (and Mitchell for that matter) in his development.

That indeed sounds more promising (and expensive), so it makes me wonder if we have the budget to do a lad like this and any experienced midfield player.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just for amusement, was noodling around and found a lovey seat for games, just a wee bit expensive.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/110180915#/

That is absolutely terrific. I've always dreamt of living somewhere that gives me a perfect view of a football ground.

Just need to convince my girlfriend that she wants to move to Kirkcaldy now :lol:

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That is absolutely terrific. I've always dreamt of living somewhere that gives me a perfect view of a football ground.

Just need to convince my girlfriend that she wants to move to Kirkcaldy now :lol:

Always this option at Pollok's Newlansfield

pollok08.jpg
pollok20.png

Edited by GNU_Linux

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Tx Rover is about to become Kdy Rover.

Nah, the damp around the bathtub is worrisome.

However, being able to watch practice with some binocs would likely improve my prognostications…

Edited by TxRover

I was unavoidably late getting to the ground on Tuesday night and missed my timeslot, arriving in the middle of the next one. Got in no bother at all, not even a glance, then today I've got an email saying the club hopes I enjoy the game on Saturday (Friday), then in bold telling me to arrive within my allocated timeslot.

Are they reviewing arrivals after the event to comply with something or is it a standard reminder?