The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
What's the story here?

Killie brought Armstrong (transferred from RRFC) on as a sub when he should have been serving a suspension.

Sorry aye I saw that, I just meant with the boy tweeting it.  Take it it's just #banter from Matthews?

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm just halfway through this Davo interview now, but it really is very good. 

Also, a small point, but kudos to the RaithTV guys for making some of these interviews available as podcasts, too. The more of that, the better, for me. Much more convenient than sitting down to watch a YouTube video. 

Thought it was interesting when Davo was taking about Hughes and that he and Cuthbert ans one or two others were thinking about going to the directors to get him out before the end of the season.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Thought it was interesting when Davo was taking about Hughes and that he and Cuthbert ans one or two others were thinking about going to the directors to get him out before the end of the season.

He made a good point about hindsight too, though. If the senior players had gone to the board and said "Listen, this isn't working, bin Locke and put Easton and Cuthbert in charge" but the board responded with "Nevermind that, we're getting John Hughes" I think they'd have gone away delighted. 

Except Bobby Barr, maybe. 

26 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He made a good point about hindsight too, though. If the senior players had gone to the board and said "Listen, this isn't working, bin Locke and put Easton and Cuthbert in charge" but the board responded with "Nevermind that, we're getting John Hughes" I think they'd have gone away delighted. 

Except Bobby Barr, maybe. 

I maybe misheard. I thought it was after Hughes came in, it was going south and that was when they had the thought to try and maybe get rid of Hughes.

17 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Quinn Coulson joins Mahady on loan at Cowdenbeath until January.

Must be signings incoming for us since we're chucking our existing bench out on loan.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

I maybe misheard. I thought it was after Hughes came in, it was going south and that was when they had the thought to try and maybe get rid of Hughes.

You could be right, I think it went back and forth, but I thought the initial suggestion was that they could've done it earlier when they first saw the writing on the wall. And that it didn't need an overhaul a lá Hughes, just a little adjustment under different leadership. 

17 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Quinn Coulson joins Mahady on loan at Cowdenbeath until January.

There was no mention of any signings in McGlynn's pre match but I'm assuming these are imminent if we're continuing to empty our bench out on loan. 

17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There was no mention of any signings in McGlynn's pre match but I'm assuming these are imminent if we're continuing to empty our bench out on loan. 

He said the young guns need to go out on loan as, no experience with sitting on the bench, and said a few signings will make the team very strong. 

Just finished listening to the Davo interview and really enjoyed it.

Struggle to think of a player who's frustrated and enraged me as much over the years but with over 500 games, he's a definite club legend. Being in my mid-20s it hadn't even clicked that Davo has been involved in every success the club has had in my time supporting the team minus the first couple years under Calderón.

I've always been a Davo fan and that interview had me welling up at the end. Like many, I've been frustrated and enraged by some of his red mists, but noone can watch that and be in any doubt what the club means to him, or what he's given. Looking forward to the game tonight. And his inevitable sending off.

5 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Just bought the PPV and couple donate a tickets.

Love him or hate him he’s been a fantastic servant and is a thoroughly good lad off the park.

Aye, I bought a couple of those £5 donate a ticket things too. He’s been a good, steady player for us.

Fans being encouraged to bring their own snacks tonight as pie stalls remains closed. Plastic bottles will be permitted but not rigid plastic. Will be fun and games watching stewards try and differentiate between the two.