The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Now I'm normally one who advocates for davo not being on the pitch, but going off after 26 minutes without the customery penalty in a testimonial is a bit shit.

Isn’t Davo probably playing tomorrow for Brechin?

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
1 minute ago, TxRover said:
Isn’t Davo probably playing tomorrow for Brechin?

He's available anyway. That was firmly tounge in cheek though.

I know, but the point was I expected he’d likely be off early because he’s already missed the first two for Brechin. I bet he’ll at least get a few minutes, their defense needs it.

I know, but the point was I expected he’d likely be off early because he’s already missed the first two for Brechin. I bet he’ll at least get a few minutes, their defense needs it.
I didn't think you watched the Brechin game? Their defense wasn't actually that bad all things considered. Middle to front is where they struggled a bit more.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:
14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I didn't think you watched the Brechin game? Their defense wasn't actually that bad all things considered. Middle to front is where they struggled a bit more.

Yea, by playing a CF (Wood) at CB. They need Davo in to allow Wood to play forward…which is where they struggled.

Hibs players commitment to throwing and kicking the ball away in a friendly match has to be commended.
You have to remember Jack Ross was passed over for our job ahead of Gary fucking locke. I'd hold a grudge if that happened to me as well.

Second half was far less open at both ends. 

Tait was the stand out for us. I think Zannatta and Connolly are working harder every game and improving. Poplatnik did well tonight. 

Thought the trialist CF worked hard without seeing too much of the ball, thought his movement was decent. Trialist CM showed good strength and a decent engine on him.

Think the trialist CF was Varian. Assume it's a loan deal though so probably waiting on a cross border approval hence the trialist tag?

Edited by renton

Might be reading too much into it but seeing trialist B doing extra fitness runs with the conditioning team at the end of the game would suggest to me he is also being signed along with Ethon Varian.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Nah? Looks like him, and when he came on Davie said something like “should be trialist E”. Could be wrong.

Aye, I liked that reference.

Presume the other guy is signing as well. If Kai Fotheringham comes in that gives us an extra forward, winger and CM.