The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Not sure CR is a great example given allegations made against him and settlements out of court.

I think that's the point, because he's Ronaldo and llaysbway he plays people turn the other cheek, wrongly.

Probably won't be anyone to interview him tbh.
I've considered this. I certainly know other media outlets the club use won't be running their usual because of resignations. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for parents to explain to a kid who might be 5 or 6 about what's happening if it makes the headline news this evening.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

So, are they just going to brazen it out?

No comment from the board? No pre game or post game interview from McGlynn?

There wasn't time yesterday to film so there was a bit at the end of the Morton post match which covers it.

In amongst all the other emotions about the nuances of this signing, I’m laughing at the thought of all the bosses inside Stark’s just now trying to figure out what the f**k they’re going to do next.

Their phones and email inboxes must be going fucking mental. What a mess they’ve got the club into.

46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

John McGlynn has been a superb manager for Raith Rovers and there is a real danger that this becomes his legacy.

Yep think there’s no coming back from this. What a shambles today has been not going to be a great atmosphere at the game tonight anyway😔

For a family and community minded club to have gone ahead with this signing is beyond belief. The signal it sends is disgraceful and well done to those who have resigned and are severing contact with the club. Imagine having a Board/Manager so out of touch with the toxicity of the player, the way society views violence against women, and not understanding how rape is seen in law, and still sign him shows a lack of judgement that should see them all punted. This is a mess of their own making. 

Think i’m still in the denial stage of the grieving process. I keeping thinking “nah, there has to be some mistake.. they surely never paid actual MONEY to sign David Goodwillie?? Rovers wouldn’t do that, that’s mental!” 

If McGlynn pushed to sign him in the first place then I don’t see how he can also continue at the club. A colossal error in judgement.  

13 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I can't see him being in the squad tonight while they work out what to do. 

He hasn’t actually started a game for us in recent weeks, he is carrying a couple of different injuries  for several weeks so I very much doubt even in normal circumstances he would have played tonight. 

38 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Meant to be going tonight with my son and Dad. 
How can I?

Intrigued as to if there will be protests and also the crowd numbers. It’d be low anyway with it being midweek against QOS. Probably around 1400 so we’ll see what it ends up.

No match day announcer

No ball boys (not sure if this is common knowledge yet)

I love my team, I want to support the other players who give their all.

Tough and sickening times being an RRFC fan. 

I think it could be pretty toxic tonight outside and inside the ground. 

He hasn’t actually started a game for us in recent weeks, he is carrying a couple of different injuries  for several weeks so I very much doubt even in normal circumstances he would have played tonight. 

So in typical rovers fashion, we have signed someone who is carrying an injury. Well done the club.

Skipped a number of pages on this as it saddens me to read that so many supporters of other clubs can see how wrong this is yet those(some) running our club cant

Been following the team for close on 6 decades and its  been a big part of my life.In that time the club/board have taken some terrible decisions most repairable  but this takes the fukin biscuit..What are they thinking about?

Stupidity,baffling,moronic,unbelievable,none of these words can described this decision.Everyone involved in this decision should hang their heads in shame including McGlynn

My dad took me and my brother from an early age,once old enough my dad took a back seat and me and my brother went together.I then took my son from an early age,then grandson came along and the three of us all go together now.

Sure I posted last night that I would still go to the games but on refelection ,what has been a huge part of my life has been drained away and will find it difficult to attend SP now.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

In amongst all the other emotions about the nuances of this signing, I’m laughing at the thought of all the bosses inside Stark’s just now trying to figure out what the f**k they’re going to do next.

Their phones and email inboxes must be going fucking mental. What a mess they’ve got the club into.

Aye I can’t shake the imagine of Alec Guinness at the end of The Bridge on the River Kwai from my mine, wonder when/if McGlynn, Sim and others had that “What have I done?” moment.

7 minutes ago, smpar said:

I can only imagine that the best thing they can do being faced with a shitstorm like this is to break out umbrellas and air fresheners.