The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It's been going for 111 years.

What's your issue with it?

I will admit I wrongly thought it was a recent invention so thanks for educating me. I never heard it mentioned until a couple of years ago. I'm fairly certain football clubs in Scotland weren't acknowledging it 111 years ago or even 5 years ago so why the sudden need to now? 

I don't have an issue with it other than the fact it seems totally  pointless. What I do have an issue with is people using this as another excuse to attack the club. Like I say we have more to worry about than some copy and paste message put on twitter to acknowledge a pointless day in the calendar. 

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

I will admit I wrongly thought it was a recent invention so thanks for educating me. I never heard it mentioned until a couple of years ago. I'm fairly certain football clubs in Scotland weren't acknowledging it 111 years ago or even 5 years ago so why the sudden need to now? 

I don't have an issue with it other than the fact it seems totally  pointless. What I do have an issue with is people using this as another excuse to attack the club. Like I say we have more to worry about than some copy and paste message put on twitter to acknowledge a pointless day in the calendar. 

For some reason, I rather think this will become an annual event from now on, much like Women's day.

If only it weren't so.

4 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Precisely because society hasn't been paying enough attention to those issues, in the recent past. (And indeed, still.)

12 hours ago, Bandohope said:

Val and Burnie the two biggest hypocrites in the sorry affair 

That wasn’t quite where I was going with it. It was more the unfortunate, and I’m assuming (now very) temporary Z badge in place of the Rovers badge.

057F2D9F-E8BC-4C98-B303-7AFCDD725731.jpeg

17 minutes ago, renton said:

So, in amongst all the rest of the shit, who fancies sticking their name down for the fan's director role?

It’s usually one of the old boys who gets this gig. At 50, I feel the odds are stacked against me. Plus, I’m clearly not in the clique as I didn’t know Paul Smith’s wife was the CEO. Anyway, I’m ruling myself out. Maybe it should be a woman. If only to make the other Board members squirm a bit. It’s Rovers though, no doubt it would come out in the wash that our heroine kills pets in her spare time or something.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s usually one of the old boys who gets this gig. At 50, I feel the odds are stacked against me. Plus, I’m clearly not in the clique as I didn’t know Paul Smith’s wife was the CEO. Anyway, I’m ruling myself out. Maybe it should be a woman. If only to make the other Board members squirm a bit. It’s Rovers though, no doubt it would come out in the wash that our heroine kills pets in her spare time or something.

I'd vote for  you - maybe your platform could be installing a soft play area for kid's birthday parties at Starks?

26 minutes ago, renton said:

I'd vote for  you - maybe your platform could be installing a soft play area for kid's birthday parties at Starks?

The new portacabin could be turned into a party venue.

If anyone misbehaves they get turfed out and forced to watch the Rovers play.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

Do you think she would consider it? I thought she was completely done with the club.

Someone like her is probably exactly what's required though.

Totally agree. Her piece in the Courier about who we should feel sorry for is exactly the tone the club should be striking just now. Putting her on the board and giving her a voice within the club is the sort of next steps in rehabilitation the club should be looking for.

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

In seriousness, it will be interesting to see if we get more nominations in light of recent events. In the past there has seemingly been little in the way of interest in the role.

I recall a hustings that was held in the Raith Suite about 4 years ago and at least four nominees put forward their views.

59 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I recall a hustings that was held in the Raith Suite about 4 years ago and at least four nominees put forward their views.

From memory the first few weren’t contested, but think there’s been a few contests the last few elections, including 4 folk vying for it at one point. Will be interesting to see who puts their name in the hat.