The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Stanton continues to frustrate a wee bit, doesn't he? He seems to be entirely committed to keeping things ticking over, which he does admirably, but it's not really enough. Spencer does the same thing, but he can also then go and make things happen too, when the occasion calls for it. Stanton's neat and tidy, but I don't feel like we get a lot of potential game-changing moments from him, creatively or defensively. 

Stanton is part of a 2 man midfield though, doing both those things when alongside someone like Easton could be suicidal if we lost possession. Would need another body in there to allow that to happen, right now I feel it's necessary for him to just sit.

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Stanton is part of a 2 man midfield though, doing both those things when alongside someone like Easton could be suicidal if we lost possession. Would need another body in there to allow that to happen, right now I feel it's necessary for him to just sit.

I dont disagree, but yesterday he wasn't especially good doing that sitting role - wasn't move the ball fast enough or with any inventiveness. 

Having watched the highlights, for all we weren't very good we did pass up some very good opportunities. Brown from the corner and Connolly in the second half from the ball across the six yard line need to do way better.

Both our penalty shout in the first half and theirs late on are penalties. Still torn on the Stanton challenge in the build up to their equaliser.

After a rudimentary review of the video and some mulling the team sheet, the most concerning thing, at this point, is surely that the bench was comprised of literally all healthy non-starters, and of them, just two have had any real first team playing time (Thomson and Arnott)! I was firmly of the opinion that a CB and a ST were all that was needed in, before we could sit back and await a couple of useful loans, but now I’m not sure.

We’re critically thin at CB and ST, with concerns at LB, RB and SS. I’m not sure we can afford to wait, but until we can get bodies in, we cannot launch some young lads out on loan…it’s a nasty catch-22. Assuming Lang, Matthews and Spencer all return on schedule, and Vaughan is babied back into fitness, we really need two CB’s now, with at least one able to play RB, and an experienced striker (which is like searching for hen’s teeth right now). We cannot rely on the loan market for these players, because we need experience, not youth.

1 hour ago, renton said:

I dont disagree, but yesterday he wasn't especially good doing that sitting role - wasn't move the ball fast enough or with any inventiveness. 

Having watched the highlights, for all we weren't very good we did pass up some very good opportunities. Brown from the corner and Connolly in the second half from the ball across the six yard line need to do way better.

Both our penalty shout in the first half and theirs late on are penalties. Still torn on the Stanton challenge in the build up to their equaliser.

No, he wasn't, we were overrun in the middle because we had two in there and one of them was so far advanced he was almost anonymous as a midfielder. Can't get Matthews back soon enough or Brown into his natural position and get Easton out of there and allowed a bit more freedom. A few times he was caught in possession outside his own box or tried a risky pass that was caught out.

Not fully convinced ours is a penalty in the first half, the boy dived in to block and the momentum moved his arm across as he turned, which is a natural movement. You'd be livid if that was given against you. 

Browns effort was a snap shot as it came very quickly to him, had to go for power and hope the keeper would misjudge it. Connolly I agree with. He has no right foot ability at all, that was very evident yesterday as he should have let that ball run across and use his right foot to guide it in, trying to get enough curl on it to sneak in from where it was with his left is just expecting too much. 

The ref card was about the only thing the ref got right yesterday overall. Though the defender brought it on himself for being too mediocre to header a ball. The moron almost ducked under it and let it hit his arm 😂

Been saying for weeks that we need 5 players in. Two centre halfs, two strikers and a cover player for fullback. We cannot wait for Lang, too long, we cannot rely on Vaughan, his return to fitness can only be seen as a bonus with fingers crossed he does not break down. The player we need back is Spencer. Brown and Spencer IMO will be a very strong pair in the middle. As IM says we are too nice some grit up front and at the back and let our flair players freedom to play.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

After a rudimentary review of the video and some mulling the team sheet, the most concerning thing, at this point, is surely that the bench was comprised of literally all healthy non-starters, and of them, just two have had any real first team playing time (Thomson and Arnott)! I was firmly of the opinion that a CB and a ST were all that was needed in, before we could sit back and await a couple of useful loans, but now I’m not sure.

We’re critically thin at CB and ST, with concerns at LB, RB and SS. I’m not sure we can afford to wait, but until we can get bodies in, we cannot launch some young lads out on loan…it’s a nasty catch-22. Assuming Lang, Matthews and Spencer all return on schedule, and Vaughan is babied back into fitness, we really need two CB’s now, with at least one able to play RB, and an experienced striker (which is like searching for hen’s teeth right now). We cannot rely on the loan market for these players, because we need experience, not youth.

Tx has someone hacked your account or has the penny finally dropped 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😉 I agree for what it’s worth and this season is going to be a plateau or finish 6th or 7th I think until Murray gets the squad he wants 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Tx has someone hacked your account or has the penny finally dropped 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😉 I agree for what it’s worth and this season is going to be a plateau or finish 6th or 7th I think until Murray gets the squad he wants 

If we finish 6th or 7th will Murray keep his job?

15 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

No hacking, just looking at a poor effort vs Stirling and too weak a roster.

20 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Cash only turnstiles tomorrow, would be good to have this back at Starks Park. Not a fan of ticketed games when I would rather walk up and pay at the gate.

Why?

Most folk don't use cash in the shops and petrol stations any more. Buying anything online is cashless. You can even go cashless in the Novar.

The cashless society is not far away and it's here to stay.

On 04/07/2022 at 12:06, stevoraith said:

Unless people genuinely think it’s as easy as popping to strikers-R-us and picking one off the shelf.

The last gaffer unfortnately had a penchant for signing his loanies from Wish..... :P

And they generally rhymed with it too.......

I hope that IM has a few poachers in mind, but the clock is ticking down to the crucial points mean prizes....  A cup run would be nice, but finishing in the playoffs (UP THE WAY) would be nicer!!

I think we will finish 5th or 6th this season tbh, and go for it 23-24.

40 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Why?

Most folk don't use cash in the shops and petrol stations any more. Buying anything online is cashless. You can even go cashless in the Novar.

The cashless society is not far away and it's here to stay.

Well let me pay with my card at the turnstiles. Not interested in queuing at the office or having to pick a seat online. Online would be fine but for most games we shouldn't have to pick a seat.