The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

After listening to the post match interview with Murray, it seems pretty certain that Murray isn't looking to add anyone to the squad in this window. He says that he is happy with the squad and unless something comes up that is too good to miss out on if we can make it happen then we go with what we have.

So looks like no new additions which is not a big surprise given our budget and off-field goings on.

Not unexpected but still disappointing to hear Murray say it, guess we can look forward to connell at best signing, anyone know why Stanton missed the game?

40 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

After listening to the post match interview with Murray, it seems pretty certain that Murray isn't looking to add anyone to the squad in this window. He says that he is happy with the squad and unless something comes up that is too good to miss out on if we can make it happen then we go with what we have.

So looks like no new additions which is not a big surprise given our budget and off-field goings on.

Listened to the interview…concerned when he said “we picked up a couple of injuries today” after starting to talk about being happy with the squad even after losing Conner since Tom came back. It sounded to me like he was referring to Ngwenya (whom he said is awaiting a scan and liaison with Aberdeen) and possibly another defender? Anyone see who could be the second knock?

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Listened to the interview…concerned when he said “we picked up a couple of injuries today” after starting to talk about being happy with the squad even after losing Conner since Tom came back. It sounded to me like he was referring to Ngwenya (whom he said is awaiting a scan and liaison with Aberdeen) and possibly another defender? Anyone see who could be the second knock?

Gullan limped off with a calf issue. It happened on the run off at the side of the pitch as he was trying to stop himself before the boards. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Strikers are all about goals, says Davie in that interview. Well, that counts out Connell, McBride and comedy John. I'm scunnered to hear we're not actively looking to bolster attack because whilst I like him and he scored today, we know Gullan won't suddenly catch fire and hit another 10. 

I get that money is tight, but we're pissing it away on players who can't score goals. Few are likely to be targets for anyone else so there seems to be two chances of moving them on - slim and none - and slim is outta town. Paying out their contracts might not make sense either, when we don't know their value.

It seems a shoe-in that Connell will be signed. Without a club, he'll be cheap and IM seems to rate him. For me, his good games can be counted on one hand and if Davie is right, he's no striker.

So I fear we're stuck with what we have. Lewis isn't fit enough (no criticism there), Gullan will get a few and the rest will be from the usual suspects, ie Connolly, Stanton (If he stays) or the occasional defender.

Play-offs (the good ones)? Not a chance.

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Strikers are all about goals, says Davie in that interview. Well, that counts out Connell, McBride and comedy John. I'm scunnered to hear we're not actively looking to bolster attack because whilst I like him and he scored today, we know Gullan won't suddenly catch fire and hit another 10. 

I get that money is tight, but we're pissing it away on players who can't score goals. Few are likely to be targets for anyone else so there seems to be two chances of moving them on - slim and none - and slim is outta town. Paying out their contracts might not make sense either, when we don't know their value.

It seems a shoe-in that Connell will be signed. Without a club, he'll be cheap and IM seems to rate him. For me, his good games can be counted on one hand and if Davie is right, he's no striker.

So I fear we're stuck with what we have. Lewis isn't fit enough (no criticism there), Gullan will get a few and the rest will be from the usual suspects, ie Connolly, Stanton (If he stays) or the occasional defender.

Play-offs (the good ones)? Not a chance.

I took from the interview that unless we’re gift wrapped a striker, it’s “run with what you brung”. Gullan might catch fire, but it would be in the way of hurting himself, the lad seems destined to never be fit. On the good news front, any combination of Lang, Dick and Nolan seems a winner at CB, although we haven’t really seen Dick and Nolan, and both tend to favor playing on the left, I believe.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Strange, as the Courier suggested Murray was looking at "loans and out of contract players"

Could be that he's keeping things coy after hinting at deals in the Summer that ended up falling through.

I hope so, although Connell is currently a loan and will soon be an out of contract player....

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Agree, but they still absolutely launched out of the gate before Ben did his nut. Just saying, other teams are already finding action, and we’re in silence, just makes me think IM has nothing to do this window, perhaps because he’s got no money?

….or a clue about strengthening a team. Just saying!!

30 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I hope so, although Connell is currently a loan and will soon be an out of contract player....

So what, why do we have to go for a non goal scoring “striker” is it the “it’s not about winning” mentality we have to put up with?? But instead of trying to troll me, answer the question?

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

So what, why do we have to go for a non goal scoring “striker” is it the “it’s not about winning” mentality we have to put up with?? But instead of trying to troll me, answer the question?

I'll happily answer the question.

I don't want us to sign Connell. I thought that was relatively clear from my 2 previous posts,  especially the earlier one.

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

You must be absolutely raging at that win today. 

25 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

You must be absolutely raging at that win today. 

Not at all. But your literal tears are delicious. If you think Connell is the answer then bash on. 

hardly a convincing win against the WORST team in the league however. 

Edited by baillieinleeds