The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

At the end of the day, last season saw 3 x televised cup ties on Premier Sports, 2 of which away to Celtic - and came off the back of a 3rd place finish the season before, as well as the associated prize money.  Mcglynn spent that to deliver a meaningless mid table finish, it has hampered this season, and Murray looks on course to deliver the same with much less money - and without the shitshow scandal that accompanied it.

And also the sale of Dylan Tait for £100k. 

The amount of cash we brought in last season and subsequently wasted is disgusting. 

Young Team planning a march on Friday night from The Estuary at 19:15. Rovers offical Twitter now tweeting it trying to drum interest. Fair play to the youngsters, they are at least trying something and they made a decent noise at the last game against Morton. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Young Team planning a march on Friday night from The Estuary at 19:15. Rovers offical Twitter now tweeting it trying to drum interest. Fair play to the youngsters, they are at least trying something and they made a decent noise at the last game against Morton. 

Atmosphere at evening games under the lights are a million times better than Saturday afternoons. Announce home games always on a Friday night. 

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

There may be a great player in there but now isn’t the time to gamble on whether there is or not. Maybe give him a start in the Challenge Cup to test that. 

That's a fair shout and it's not like we need to win it again 😄

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4025092/raith-rovers-chief-on-potential-domestic-and-overseas-interest-and-when-fans-can-expect-some-clarity/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Mostly a load of chuntering from our Chairman, but confirms that that Peter Chun guy is interested. Seems there is a bid from the US and one from Scotland too. 

I also think Macdonald has somewhat let loose who the preferred bidder is within there too.

Edited by Michael W

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4025092/raith-rovers-chief-on-potential-domestic-and-overseas-interest-and-when-fans-can-expect-some-clarity/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Mostly a load of chuntering from our Chairman, but confirms that that Peter Chun guy is interested. Seems there is a bid from the US and one from Scotland too. 

I also think Macdonald has somewhat let loose who the preferred bidder is within there too.

Not sure about preferred bidder or just most advanced talks. Either way I think we will see a change should someone put an offer of some sort in. Hopefully an exciting time for us but I do have the absolute fear at the same time …

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

That article just reinforces how much MacDonald is out of the loop and it’s Sim calling all the shots here. Would be interested to know what exactly is on sale here. The Club, Stadium, both. 

I maybe picked it up wrong but according to Macdonald it’s ‘shareholding’. To me that reads like it’s Sim’s shares in the club and not the stadium too.

3 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

I maybe picked it up wrong but according to Macdonald it’s ‘shareholding’. To me that reads like it’s Sim’s shares in the club and not the stadium too.

If that’s the case then it’s a huge red flag. If Sim is hanging onto the stadium and the club are having to pay Stark’s Park Properties rent then we are fucked. Once Sim has sold the club and no longer has a financial or moral responsibility for safeguarding the long term future of club then he will effectively become an absentee landlord looking to gain the maximum return from his asset for the minimum maintenance. That’s a huge concern. 

18 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Not sure about preferred bidder or just most advanced talks. Either way I think we will see a change should someone put an offer of some sort in. Hopefully an exciting time for us but I do have the absolute fear at the same time …

It was just the line about "If Chun buys the club we won't have to sell players on" that made me think that. Could be reading something that's not there, but it's just a detail that stood out. 

15 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

That article just reinforces how much MacDonald is out of the loop and it’s Sim calling all the shots here. Would be interested to know what exactly is on sale here. The Club, Stadium, both. 

It's the second time on as many weeks that I'm left wondering how much our Chairman actually knows about the goings on at the club. His comments are all I think /I believe and just seem to lack authority. We all know it's Sim's club, but it is not good to have people seemingly so out of the loop. 

Edited by Michael W

It could be a clever tactic to say there’s other interested bidders (even if there aren’t) to get Silverbear to either pay more or simply just get the deal over the line. But then there’s so much other rambling nonsense in there and also well thought through tactics like that aren’t usually the Rovers strongpoint. So, who knows?

No surprises there that the budget was cut that’s plain to see with the calibre of signings Murray made but a vast majority are quick to point the finger at the manager still ,  The current board have landed us in this mess they are the ones that deserve the blame , Regarding the so called takeover it’s clear Peter chun has more to offer going by the chairman’s quotes however if there’s truth in American interest I would love to see what they have to offer considering Both Dundee clubs have been looked after and you look at Wrexham documentary these guys are seriously showing interest in there football club

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

It could be a clever tactic to say there’s other interested bidders (even if there aren’t) to get Silverbear to either pay more or simply just get the deal over the line. But then there’s so much other rambling nonsense in there and also well thought through tactics like that aren’t usually the Rovers strongpoint. So, who knows?

I think you're giving Steven "Aw shucks guys, geez, I dunno" MacDonald far too much credit. 

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I think you're giving Steven "Aw shucks guys, geez, I dunno" MacDonald far too much credit. 

Yeah that’s the flaw in that interpretation. I think the odds are that he’s more likely to be relatively clueless than working cleverly hand in hand with Sim 

18 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Aye, it's mental to me that the chairman of the club so painfully, obviously hasn't got any more of an idea than the rest of us what the hell Sim is up to.

29 minutes ago, basher brash said:

No surprises there that the budget was cut that’s plain to see with the calibre of signings Murray made but a vast majority are quick to point the finger at the manager still ,  The current board have landed us in this mess they are the ones that deserve the blame , Regarding the so called takeover it’s clear Peter chun has more to offer going by the chairman’s quotes however if there’s truth in American interest I would love to see what they have to offer considering Both Dundee clubs have been looked after and you look at Wrexham documentary these guys are seriously showing interest in there football club

I'm not sure the Wrexham documentary is representative of what would happen if we are taken over by Americans...

52 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

The comment about moving players on suggests action is expected within a fortnight or so, so as to allow a change to actually unload some players if no immediate inflow of funds is expected.

35 minutes ago, basher brash said:

American interest, Scottish business interest, anything but Venture Capitalist types, please.

48 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

If Sim manages to get £3 million for just the football club hes some businessman, 

And if this "Middle Man" is the weegie mob, ................ be afraid very afraid

Gordon Smith must be the middle man.