The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sam Stanton visited the 200 Club after the game to present a strip to a young lass, I could swear that someone was peeling onions as the wee girl's reaction was an indication of her love for the club and appreciation of a great gesture from a great player.

Didn't stay around after full time, but sad to hear that it looks like McDonald is away.

Technically, a lot of what we saw tonight was absolute muck, but the spirit and endeavour was very good to see.

7 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Technically, a lot of what we saw tonight was absolute muck, but the spirit and endeavour was very good to see.

Yeah it would have been easy for them to chuck it when Thistle went ahead but the attitude and work rate was spot on. Not just to turn the match around but also to dig in for those last 15 minutes when we were dead on our feet. 

10 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Surely Akio's best game.

OK, best half. That shot towards the end forced an astonishing save which would have put them oot the playoffs, which would have been pleasing.

Agree Jamie looks like he's away, which is sad, but I'd also be happy to keep McGill.

Exciting times ahead. Looking fwd to all that's about to unfold.

Akio was absolutely honking in the first half. When he was put out wide he came into the game, provided speed and put in a great cross to Vaughan. His control though is very suspect and he can't header a ball. As for McDonald I didn't hang about after the game but will be sad to see him go. Having said that I feel there will be many changes to the playing squad which should make us better.

I look forward to the voices of some of the young team breaking over the close season. Must surely be the youngest young team in the league.

And if they are to persist with 2 drummers, a) practice playing in time, and b) gonnae give us a break at half time?

And if someone could explain the basics of amplified sound to John Greer, maybe he wouldn't shout so much into the microphone.

Yes, I'm old.

2 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

What was the script with the young team? They seemed to be getting moved here, there and everywhere at one point. 

I thought they just went down the front because the Partick boys had done the same. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

9 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I look forward to the voices of some of the young team breaking over the close season. Must surely be the youngest young team in the league.

And if they are to persist with 2 drummers, a) practice playing in time, and b) gonnae give us a break at half time?

And if someone could explain the basics of amplified sound to John Greer, maybe he wouldn't shout so much into the microphone.

Yes, I'm old.

2 drummers!!!

King Crimson says 'hold my beer'

King Crimson Drummer: The Difference Between Being Only Drummer in Band ...

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

What was the script with the young team? They seemed to be getting moved here, there and everywhere at one point. 

Presumed it was just them moving themselves in anticipation of a pitch invasion at the end? 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I thought they just went down the front because the Partick boys had done the same. 

Ah. That would make sense. Just that i seen the ones with the drums coming down from the end of the south stand as well. 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Presumed it was just them moving themselves in anticipation of a pitch invasion at the end? 

Exactly that. My laddie was desperate to sit in amongst them so I got dragged up that part of the stand last night. Never again, they canny sit still. You spend more time standing up to let them past and they don't understand if there's no seats you can't just stand in front of someone in the same row just because your pal is there. But yes they were all talking about trying to invade the pitch at full time hence why they tried to get down the front. 

34 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I presumed they had to go and get 2 biscuits and a glass of milk before bedtime. 

35 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Both drummers ended up right beside me 🙄

Don't mind them when they're up the back, but not right in my ear.

The stewards should have made them sit in the hundreds of empty seats at the front, not allowing them to stand and block the view of the game as well as the stairs to the concourse. They were saying that folk up the back weren't allowing them back up.

Enjoyed the game though and looking forward to next season. COYR

14 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've no idea who or where these ads in the away end bogs came from, but I'm absolutely bowled over by them. Phenomenal work. 

These are outstanding. If this is a sign of things to come in the new era I'm all for it. Get them in the South Stand asap. 

21 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've no idea who or where these ads in the away end bogs came from, but I'm absolutely bowled over by them. Phenomenal work. 

These really are superb. Well done and a hip-hooray to anyone involved.