The New Raith Rovers Thread

No Potter but I did say a couple of weeks ago that Potter is coming in as a coach and not director of football as expected. My understanding is Halliday is Commercial director and Barrowman is Director of football. Good news with a good mix. Colin Smart also now a board member which I believe he hasn't been.

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

No Potter but I did say a couple of weeks ago that Potter is coming in as a coach and not director of football as expected. My understanding is Halliday is Commercial director and Barrowman is Director of football. Good news with a good mix. Colin Smart also now a board member which I believe he hasn't been.

Matt Elder has Barrowman as Chief Executive, and Potter coming in as Director of Football. 

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Maybe Colin smart is/was the money man behind the deal getting over the line? 

I've been keeping my powder dry until this was confirmed as over the line, and I'm excited now as to what the close season will bring. This should obviously help with ST renewals and hopefully we can hang onto most of the players we want to keep and supplement with other signings. Clearly time will tell if this is truly a good day for RRFC but optimism rules just now.

Great to see this over the line and looking forward to hearing what the consortium has to say. Also - for a minute I thought that was Ian Murray on the back row right in the consortium photo. Did not realise how similar he and Andy Barrowman are starting to look in their post-playing days. Huge potential for elaborate pranks and circumventing touchline bans ahead.

Nice to see it's finally done, looking forward to the interview when it lands later today.

Hopefully the timing of this going through will encourage a few extra people to go along tonight who might have chosen to give it a miss otherwise.

Edited by SanStarko

Just now, roverthemoon said:

Positive stuff. Would rather have had MacDonald gone and this group owning the stadium not Sim but you can’t have everything. It’s as good as it was ever going to be. Onwards and hopefully upwards. 

Great news and hopefully the start of some success.  Hope we have a water tight agreement around the stadium with rent etc.  Last thing we need is Sim going rogue and screwing us over.

8 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

Great news and hopefully the start of some success.  Hope we have a water tight agreement around the stadium with rent etc.  Last thing we need is Sim going rogue and screwing us over.

He needs us as much as we need him. It won't happen, but if we went off and built a new stadium he'd be left with a shitshow. For all his faults, he's a Rovers fan and an asset. He could sell it for property developers, but how long would that take to go through.

The main issue is that there's no resolution yet. I'd not worry about Sim going rogue. I'd be far more worried about Sim passing away unexpectedly and then we go into a shitshow of who owns what. 

19 hours ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Well if the post re takeover falling through turns out to be untrue or even pish as a previous post all I can add is the fan who told me is as close to the inside of the club without being a director

The reasons given were multiple and reasonable so as to be believed 

Any way whatever and I'll still buy my season cant be anyworse than the Anelka or Glasgow boys experience plus  many  more 

tenor-1.gif

Happy with this, on face value it looks like a nice mix between pragmatism and ambition.

As dissapointing a season as its been, I would have taken the option of 7th place with new ownership structure in place.