The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well if the post re takeover falling through turns out to be untrue or even pish as a previous post all I can add is the fan who told me is as close to the inside of the club without being a director

The reasons given were multiple and reasonable so as to be believed 

Any way whatever and I'll still buy my season cant be anyworse than the Anelka or Glasgow boys experience plus  many  more 

2 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Well if the post re takeover falling through turns out to be untrue or even pish as a previous post all I can add is the fan who told me is as close to the inside of the club without being a director

The reasons given were multiple and reasonable so as to be believed 

Any way whatever and I'll still buy my season cant be anyworse than the Anelka or Glasgow boys experience plus  many  more 

What we're the multiple and numerous reasons?

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm not really sure what more we could have done with Masson this season. When you look at the issues we've had filling the bench it would've been madness to send him on loan. I don't doubt it's been frustrating for him but he's been a victim of circumstance more than anything else. 

We shipped out Arnott, Mitchell and Young (and Mahady) on loan and didn’t offer Masson the same chance. He’s been an emergency defender for us and looked quite capable, but still got almost no late game time. The gaffer isn’t showing the confidence he expresses, and that’s frustrating to young players.

3 hours ago, Raithfan2711 said:

How? It says he has been offered a deal. Doesn’t say when. You have assumed the club has waited.

Agree, but IM has said elsewhere they’ve offered some players recently, so I assumed.

2 hours ago, renton said:

No he's not.

We both have opinions, mine varies from yours.

2 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

Your passion for giving the young boys a crack is admirable mate but ffs how can you base that comment having seen the lad a handful of times? A few of them him not actually playing in his natural position. 

You can argue about limited exposure, but he’s been thrown to the wolves several times and the only time he looked out of his depth he was out of position and pulled due to other circumstances. It’s an opinion, it’s not an assured fact, I assume your opinion is he isn’t ready. In that case, is he 1) worth retaining 2) what level could he play at now?

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I’m not sure about that Tx 

Cool, I just would hate to see him leave us, because I think he’s a really talented player.

Regarding Masson keeping his options open ! Probably agents filling the guys head with nonsense only the agents benefit from player moves , We can see how Dylan Taits  career has progressed since leaving the Rovers no where in all honesty no problem in young players moving on to better themselves but at least learn your craft and gain abit of experience then move on to better things .

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The only thing that lends the story of the deal falling through any credence is the fact that the FFP reported it as pretty much a done deal. 

And only because they didn't have the "lost almost £150k each year since 2005" in the story too.

So you’re telling me that with all the rumours, Kelty announcing they are losing directors etc and local journalists telling us that the deal is pretty much done, it’s only now that the new guys have actually went “ah wait, let’s sort out the final details” to which it has now fallen through and disagreements have been had ? 

You are either taking us for a ride or the new guys and our current owner are even more incompetent than we already know. 

Well it does look like no announcement today. Was told that it would be released to media on the 4th. Maybe something has happened or they are waiting until after the last game of the season.

On 03/05/2023 at 19:26, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Just been told by insider at Kelty the takeover has fallen through

Could give more details but will wait to see if confirmed 

Absolutely being taken for a ride. The deal was signed at the start of the week and will be announced tomorrow.