The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Would be a decent signing for you guys if true. I'll be honest, I was convinced he would end up with Mcpake at Dunfermline in the summer especially as they tried to get him this earlier this season. 

Saw on another thread that Byrne has a year left on his contract so if we were to try and sign him it might cost us a fair bit unless Dundee are willing to terminate is contract I can’t see it happening personally mainly down to wage demands most likely 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Saw on another thread that Byrne has a year left on his contract so if we were to try and sign him it might cost us a fair bit unless Dundee are willing to terminate is contract I can’t see it happening personally mainly down to wage demands most likely 

Bowyer tried to get him out on loan earlier this season to alleviate at least some of the burden of his wages in order to bring others in. If he has a suitor I reckon both the club and player would come to an agreement!

52 minutes ago, pub car king said:

God, we're in some sort of close season purgatory at the minute amd the closest league in years is still going. 

Really we're waiting for the next fortnight which was when they'd hoped to have the takeover done. So long as it all goes to plan, close season is barely longer than a month nowadays. Doesn't make it any easier that we just coasted in with nothing worth playing for.

8 hours ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

I’m hearing Shaun Byrne from Dundee is a target 

Correct position.

Correct 1st initial of the 2nd name. 

_ _ _ _ _ / B _ _ _ _ _ _ _

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really, really did not like Barjonas the last time he was here but I’m willing to accept he’s probably a hell of a lot better than then. If he signs he’ll get a fair crack of the whip from me. 

I’m the same but I’m focusing on the goal he scored on his debut 😉🚀

Signing Jamie Barjonas is almost as appealing as the thought of a fellow Murray Park shitebag like Jordan Thompson* returning. 

Obviously players don't always stay the same as when they played for you, especially if they were young. It is not a signing that fills me with any real degree of enthusiasm, however. Hopefully he has indeed improved markedly. 

*100 games for Stoke and 20(!) Northern Ireland caps. Who the hell saw that coming?!

12 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I heard Thursday, 8 person BOD

Yeh same info on the board. Couple of names on it that are very intresting from a commercial point of view.

I was told Friday before the game for the announcement.