The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Just been told by insider at Kelty the takeover has fallen through

Could give more details but will wait to see if confirmed 

Time will tell, but I suspect the insider at Kelty is extracting the urine

15 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Not trying to shoot the messenger but the Kelty individuals resigned from the Kelty board 2 weeks ago , The Rovers fans rep now appointed as a director of New Raith rovers limited why do all this then suddenly the deal collapses surely all parties knew where they stood before progressing as far as it has but the longer these rumours continue it only doing more harm than good 

f**k that, bring out pitchforks and let the messenger have it. 

Edited by Michael W

14 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Not trying to shoot the messenger but the Kelty individuals resigned from the Kelty board 2 weeks ago , The Rovers fans rep now appointed as a director of New Raith rovers limited why do all this then suddenly the deal collapses surely all parties knew where they stood before progressing as far as it has but the longer these rumours continue it only doing more harm than good 

You would certainly think that tonight's board meeting that the FFP mentioned was more about formalities rather than thrashing a deal out so it would take a spectacular about face by one of the parties for it to collapse now. 

39 minutes ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

Just been told by insider at Kelty the takeover has fallen through

Could give more details but will wait to see if confirmed 

🤣🤣🤣 Its a done deal

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

You would certainly think that tonight's board meeting that the FFP mentioned was more about formalities rather than thrashing a deal out so it would take a spectacular about face by one of the parties for it to collapse now. 

My thoughts exactly these guys are all successful businessmen who wouldn’t have went in with their eyes shut . It’s probably just crossing the T”sand dotting the I”s before officially announcing it who knows

A lot of people desperate to be ‘in the know’ on this takeover/investment.

I don’t think it’s unusual at all, given the stage of the season & the fact the club have literally nothing to play for, that we’re having to wait a wee while for things to be officially announced.

Even all the talk about ‘of but other clubs will already be discussing contracts with targets’. There’s nothing to say Ian Murray isn’t already at that point, having been given a rough indication of budgets by the existing board, based on the imminent investment coming in (whether they’re putting money towards the first team squad or not).

Calm doon, min.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The two protagonists settling the fine points a la Oliver Reed and Alan Bates

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Did he really? Hendry played 4 games in league 1, two of them from the bench I’m sure whereas Barjonas played in the championship and scored two goals. His contribution was more than Hendry’s initial contribution. 

Barjonas played in league 1, scored one Worldy and generally looked lost. 

It could well be that he has improved since then, and if it's Murray who wants him then by all means, bring him in. I would hate it though if he was being signed on the back of our new owners a d being foisted on Murray.

Instead of going to Morton I ended up taking in Edinburgh vs Kelty a few weeks back. I'm no scout and would not be arrogant to think I have an eye for a player, but I had to look at the team sheet to realise he was actually playing...

Edited by renton

13 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

A lot of people desperate to be ‘in the know’ on this takeover/investment.

If there's anything worth knowing, usually it's done via DMs. Can't speak for anyone else but if you're told information then it's usually good etiquette not to immediately post it onto Scottish football's biggest forum - if you've got a source the last thing you want to do is to burn a bridge and not get further information down the line. There's far too many folk who try to come across as ITK as you mention. It'll be announced when it's announced. The FFP wouldn't run that story without a nudge and a wink from somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Well if what I was told is correct we should have a new board announced later today. Hopefully it will work out well and all members old and new can work well together.

Or we could build a healthy dynamic between the the new board members and the fans and Sim can keep himself to himself and, ideally, sell the stadium on to the new investors so we're not looking at this Pepe Silvia pinboard model of a club we currently operate.

Sim's kept us afloat (among others) for pretty much nearly 20 years. But he also pulled the trigger with McGlynn on the biggest act of self sabotage we're likely to see before doubling down on it. The AGM seems to show that he's happy to blame everyone else without taking any responsibility himself for any of our major issues. 

Nothing is binary in life: he'll never be perfect or a total c**t. I doubt he'll want the stress of being involved in a club during his retirement. But if he does, there's relatively little in the way of the decisions he's made to suggest we should be taking his views on board.

39 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Well if what I was told is correct we should have a new board announced later today. Hopefully it will work out well and all members old and new can work well together.

Looks like you were right mate, it is expected to be announced today.

Really hope sims influence is minimal from here on in. I don't understand him or what he wants for the club, mans a sleep walking contradiction.

27 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Looks like you were right mate, it is expected to be announced today.

Really hope sims influence is minimal from here on in. I don't understand him or what he wants for the club, mans a sleep walking contradiction.

He'll want his money back for the stadium mortgage and also his monthly rent. 

It's why it's important that we find a way to buy him out entirely. 

Sim has said previously that he sees the community foundation as the main tenants at starks park and that he wants the ground to be a community resource. 

He's potentially holding onto this until something concrete is finalised. 

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing Sim is still around in the back ground for the time being.

It appears from the rumour mill our new Kelty overlords will take over the day to day running of most aspects of the football club and progressing forward in a number of ways least of all the commercial operations which has been a hugely under developed source of revenue for years now. 

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

He'll want his money back for the stadium mortgage and also his monthly rent. 

It's why it's important that we find a way to buy him out entirely. 

This is where all the fan ownership noise we have heard over the years needs to be focussed, we (fans groups together not solely the trust - although they seem to be the best at getting more bang for their buck) need to own the ground.

Then we have more long term control/stability IMO.

the club and ground was too big a step for new ownership so there needs to be dialogue with Sim on a stadium ownership transfer.

Get the ground valued, can a number agreed with Sim and start raising money or using the (fan groups collective)‘rainy day fund’ to chip away at his percentage.