The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We're awfy sure McDonald is away based on nothing but speculation, I'll laugh my socks off if/when he signs a new contract with us

It sure looked like goodbye at the end of the game on Friday. 

Edited by Brashy's Boots

35 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We're awfy sure McDonald is away based on nothing but speculation, I'll laugh my socks off if/when he signs a new contract with us

I don't think anyone will be unhappy if he stays, second best keeper in the league this season (it seems) but on Friday night, MacDonald looked like he was saying goodbye. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s also about ten years older than Albinson so it’s pretty irrelevant what he’s achieved in his career right now. 

All I’m saying is that Albinson has been the best goalkeeper in the league THIS season. No one is saying that Jamie MacDonald hasn’t had a decent career so you can just simmer down. 

Have to disagree, I would say Derek Gastons been superb however I’m only judging this on the Friday night football that I’ve watched and the games against the Rovers but you have watched Albinson more than me so you would be better placed than myself to make that judgement 

What ever happens in the close season with new players we cannot make any mistakes. With a manager, Potter and Barrowman they should have an eye for a player. We can't see players like Connell, Frederiksen, McBride who were no where near good enough. 

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

How were Kevin Nisbet's stats before he joined us?

Players and clubs sometimes click. We've had plenty of examples. Sometimes they don't. We've had plenty of those too.

No to Todorov or Akio.

Absolutely a new location can result in completely different results, however recent experience at this level is a possible warning sign…as it was noted above, Akio’s experience here suggests it isn’t worth the idea of a winger attempt, so it’s often a crap shot.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Looking likely that Tom Lang is away to the Pars.

Again? I'm not massively sold on him, he spent all his time injured last time, and when he did play I thought he looked rash, doesn't seem to understand that not every ball is there to be won. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Again? I'm not massively sold on him, he spent all his time injured last time, and when he did play I thought he looked rash, doesn't seem to understand that not every ball is there to be won. 

Are you likely to be looking for another starting centre back, do you think, with Benedictus and Breen already signed up? 

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He’s still like this. Sending off against Morton was a classic example.

39 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I dunno if it’s still going about but weren’t you guys heavily linked to Euan Murray going back to you in January but hold off until the summer and if he does sign then what’s the point in Lang going back and potentially being 4th Choice CH 

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

It’s funny as f**k, Ayr’s best season ever. Big club my arseeeee

What have Raith ever done, never seen you win the Gretna Cup?