The New Raith Rovers Thread

53 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Are you likely to be looking for another starting centre back, do you think, with Benedictus and Breen already signed up? 

McPake likes to play a back three, I think we'll want at least one more CB, potentially two? 

16 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I dunno if it’s still going about but weren’t you guys heavily linked to Euan Murray going back to you in January but hold off until the summer and if he does sign then what’s the point in Lang going back and potentially being 4th Choice CH 

Aye, it couldn't get sorted in time but the presumption was we'd be going in for Murray and Fisher from Dundee this summer. 

The Lang rumour has fair come out of nowhere. 

I had heard Lang would be going to the Pars as well, along with two other first XI members of our squad. Lang is no great loss, honestly. I’d be fine if he signed, also fine if he leaves. Too rash, too many mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I had heard Lang would be going to the Pars as well, along with two other first XI members of our squad. Lang is no great loss, honestly. I’d be fine if he signed, also fine if he leaves. Too rash, too many mistakes. 

We have been there already with Lang, he looked good for 45 minutes before making his way back to the treatment table

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm assuming Connolly and Spencer?

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I really disagree on Lang. He'd be right at the top of my "should retain" list. 

Might be ok if he had an experienced head next to him, I'm not fussed one way or the other, but that whole back line needs refreshed

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m assuming the other 2 could be Connolly, Spencer/ Spencer, MacDonald or Connolly, MacDonald that’s all I could think of unless there’s others that I’ve forgotten 

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’m assuming the other 2 could be Connolly, Spencer/ Spencer, MacDonald or Connolly, MacDonald that’s all I could think of unless there’s others that I’ve forgotten 

Unless they're putting their hand in the war chest and taking Ross & Gullan of our hands 😂😂😂

Losing 3 players to the pars would fair sting a bit. Wonder if their captain has been exerting a bit of influence especially with the end of the McGlynn school of accountancy football contracts coming to an end. 

23 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Might be ok if he had an experienced head next to him, I'm not fussed one way or the other, but that whole back line needs refreshed

Absolutely this^^^^^

With the Lang and 2 others possibly away to the pars stuff (no one knows if it’s true) maybe the takeover  might’ve changed there minds and 1 or 2 might stay as always we will have to wait and see until either the player, the club or the new club announce anything