The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye but he was brilliantly mental. Loved him kissing both posts then missing every damn cross ball against St Mirren in his debut.

Munro, another who couldn't deal with cross balls.

Graeme Smith who was genuinely shite at everything and once unsuccessfully tried to skin Trouten through at Cliftonhill.

Brennan. Also just generally pish with no redeeming features.

Lennox? Spent most of his time with us injured and tended to look like he dived in stages.

Who am I missing?

Rory Brian is the only other one who comes to mind. The worrying thing was, he'd be the only one who didn't completely shit the bed when he got given a game. 

Smith's Cruyff turn assist to Trouten at Albion Rovers was one of the most infuriating things I've seen in a football game. Everyone could see it coming a mile off. A horrendous goalkeeper. 

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Rory Brian is the only other one who comes to mind. The worrying thing was, he'd be the only one who didn't completely shit the bed when he got given a game. 

Smith's Cruyff turn assist to Trouten at Albion Rovers was one of the most infuriating things I've seen in a football game. Everyone could see it coming a mile off. A horrendous goalkeeper. 

Who was the young guy we got on loan from newco ??

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'll bite before anyone else says it: Ryan Stevenson.  Ironically had one of the better goals conceded to games played ratios from most of our keepers around that era.

Had forgotten all about Rory Brian. Never felt he really got a good crack of the whip after coming all the way from Australia.

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Centre back , that come oot the blue ah mean green

Hopefully we get 2 more CH in that are more experienced because in my opinion we can’t go into another season with a inexperienced CH pairing playing 2nd tier football maybe be a good player would certainly cover for our weekly injury crisis 

Sounds like he's been well analysed and it certainly doesn't come across that he was short of options. A one year deal probably makes sense for both parties - if he's phenomenal then he'll want to keep his options open going forward. If he's terrible, we can release him next summer. Overall, I'm quite happy with that though. 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

He must be known to the new guys, and good enough to be signed........ you'd think 

It's why I think he's been signed with a view to the future. Played at a level 3 tiers below, although it is a bit different than signing some random from Linlithgow Rose. Definitely has age on his side, but you wouldn't look at the signing and think straight up ready for the starting XI. 

Interesting signing there hopefully he's got bags of ability but will probably be a bit raw. 

That said if he's had the same footballing apprenticeship as the last celtic player we signed then happy days. 

We will need to strike fast for a new keeper as there's not loads that spring to mind that would be available. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's why I think he's been signed with a view to the future. Played at a level 3 tiers below, although it is a bit different than signing some random from Linlithgow Rose. Definitely has age on his side, but you wouldn't look at the signing and think straight up ready for the starting XI. 

And especially with the risk we took last signing before Lang came back we played 2 very inexperienced CHs O’Riordan was good better than we all expected.

but we still conceded the same goals crosses/set pieces into the box and that was even with Lang back in the side if we can get someone was 27.28,29 and 1 who is in his early 30s for this lad to learn off then that would be better for him and us as a team 

31 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Rory Brian could walk into my house right now wearing his kit and his gloves and I wouldn't have any idea who he is.